The boys are having a great week

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DATJMom, Apr 14, 2010.

1. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I thought I would share some of the GOOD stuff that is happening with the boys since I post alot about how frustrated I am with this age. So:

1. They now do an Instructor led gymnastics class instead of the Mommy and Me. This Mommy was tired of standing out there month after month. So we switched. It took them about 3 classes to warm up to the idea that I wouldnt be out there and this past Monday, they did a 30 minute class without my intervention. Except running over to give me hugs when they did a forward roll on their own. :wub:

2. I took them to get haircuts. They each sat in a chair at the same time on opposite sides of the room and sat patiently while getting their haircut. I could have seriously read a magazine, it was that peaceful.

3. I thought Derek had an ear infection since he was night waking alot and getting over a cold. I have asked him a million times, "Does your ear hurt?" He says, "No." I took him to the Ped to make sure. I sit him on the table and she asks, "Do your ears hurt?" He says, "Yes" and points to the one that is infected. :faint: He never says a word to the Ped EVER! And he was as talkative and compliant. :woo:

4. We took a 10 day trip over Spring Break up to Maryland. They flew up and back without issue. We did not take a stroller. They slept every night without issues. We even had fun for the first time on a vacation. :laughing: FINALLY!

5. Tyler is finally pooping on the potty. :banana:

So, if you are just starting out in this forum, there is hope!! They actually do mature. :clapping:

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:woo:

See, there is alot of good to this age! :laughing:

I'm glad you are starting to enjoy it! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Seems like it took forever! :friends:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Rachel! Wonderful news!!! Go Derek and Tyler!

1 person likes this.
  5. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

YAY YAY YAY!

You deserve it!

1 person likes this.
  6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yeah boys!!! :clapping:

1 person likes this.
  7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: So glad the boys are having a great week and things are getting easier! That is such a nice feeling!!

1 person likes this.
  8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Oh...that is good stuff! I am so happy to hear all of those great things!!!

1 person likes this.