The Bachelor - Jake

Discussion in 'General' started by MichelleL, Dec 30, 2009.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I am super excited about :wub: JAKE :wub: being the next Bachelor. :spiteful: He was my favorite on the last show. :good: I'm wondering how he will do though. He seemed to be pretty gentle and passive. I wonder if that will hurt him? Either way, I'm 100% watching it because he is just yummy to look at...and he's a pilot...and he has an accent.

2. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize he was the next Bachelor. I am very excited for that and hope that it works out for him. I hope he continues to be the nice guy he was on the last season!

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I have to watch as all my girlfriends are BIG fans! I need to be able to discuss it with them!

4. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i'm watching at the moment. yummy jake! i've heard that this will be a scandalous season... lol.

5. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I'm watching right now. I usually don't watch the 1st episode. I like the second better cuz there's less bimbo's to deal with, but I like Jake so much that I'm forcing myself to watch! LOL and believe me with these first moments of the show with a shirtless Jake....wow, I'm not suffering one bit! :wub:

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

A friend of mine told me that one of her daughter's friends is one of the ladies on the show (Alexa, I think her name is). Now I really have to watch!

7. sulik110202

I am already hooked on this season. I thought some parts of the episode last night were a little cheesy (ie him sitting on his motorcycle at sunset watching the plane go overhead, that was a scene straight out of Top Gun) but I loved the shots of him shirtless. It looks like there is going to be some serious drama this season.

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

As painful as it was, I watched every minute. How do you spell PSYCHO?????? M-I-C-H-E-L-L-E! :headbang: And he brought her back? :faint: There are a few quality girls in there! The girl from Colorado didn't make the cut. She also didn't introduce herself when she met him.

9. MichelleL

So true!! :laughing:

I am so excited because I have a Bachelor date for the show each week. :Clap: A neighbor's neighbor mentioned at a NYE party that she is addicted as much as I am so she came over for the first show and is going to come each week. It is SO much fun watching it with someone who is as into it as you!! :Clap:

This season is going to be ridiculously saucy!! :blink:

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

You aren't kidding about the the ridiculously saucy!!!

11. MichelleL

What was Rozlyn thinking?!?!?! :fool: I loved it when she made reference to it being her "private" life. :rolleyes: No way chiquita. Loved how Chris looked SOOOO mad!! He was definitely ready to carry her out of there himself!! :laughing:

Great show last night!! I really like the way he and Ali interact together, they just seem so comfortable. Elizabeth was a bit odd with the whole no kiss rules and then talking non-stop about it under the fireworks.

Michelle needs to go!! :crazy: That girl is NUTS!!

I'm thinking Vienna is the one he asks to leave next week. I wonder what she (or whomever gets asked to leave) does to make him ask them to leave?? :unsure:

12. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Ali will be the one. Jake is awesome. They did good picking him. Honestly though, were hi & the producers so naive to think Rozlyn was REALLY there for love? She was completely acting like it was just a game and it didn't matter who's feelings she toyed with, as long as she won. Maybe I'm the only one who felt that way though... It stinks though that Jake had to get his feelings hurt, and like the girls' said, he is definetly going to have a wall up for a little while atleast. Michelle is defintely crazy, and begging for attention from everyone! Hopefully he ditches her next week. And, anyone notice Felicia keeps getting roses, but thats the ONLY time we see her on the show? No 1 on 1 interviews with the camera, not even any shots of her with Jake. So that's confusing to me. This season seems to be full of drama. Looks good though ;)

13. sulik110202

I also thought it was pretty obvious that Rozyln wasn't there for the right reasons and am glad she is gone. I think Ali is my favorite right now. I was so upset when he kept Vienna. She seems like her own little version of crazy.

14. MichelleL

Yes! Guess she's just a wallflower for now.

Definitely!!

I guess I missed the whole Rozlyn thing. I mean, I knew she wasn't into it like some of the other girls, but I never would have pegged her for sleeping around with the staff. Okay, so they said "ONE of our staffers" but really...who else isn't talking?? ;)

15. Katheryn

Thank goodness Michelle left and he didn't give Elizabeth the wacko a rose! Now he just has to get rid of Vienna. Does anyone have any favorites yet? I like Tenly and Ella.

16. MichelleL

Oh my gosh I couldn't believe Michelle was telling him she needs to leave and then once he said okay, she was like "I can't believe he's doing this to me". :crazy: Did she want him on his knees begging her to stay?? :rolleyes: She was nuts!!

I'm glad Elizabeth is gone too. She dfinitely sent him mixed signals when they were watching the fireworks baiting him for a kiss but knowing she won't get one. I thought that was a bit too much tease. I'm surprised she was shocked over him saying something about it. :rolleyes:

Vienna definitely needs to go!! The previews from last week (for last night's show) lead me to believe she was going...that's why I don't watch previews!! <_<

I like Ali, Ashleigh, Tenley, and Corrie. I hope Ali stops being so bossy though. She is adorable and seems good for him, but really needs to keep her nose out of things. I understand where she's coming from, but I think it's only going to hurt her.

17. sulik110202

I still like Ali, but she needs to stop this whole arguement/drama with Vienna. I don't think it makes her look as nice as I think she is. I like Ella and am glad she got to spend some time with her son.

I am so glad that Michelle is gone. Crazy! I think she just wanted Jake to beg her to stay and was upset when he wasn't. I was so happy he told her she should go home.

18. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I so agree about the Ali part. I'm starting to not like her as much. Tenley is on my top list, but I'm really missing exactly what the whole drama is over Vienna. I mean the kiss and tell was a bit much, but I haven't see anything else just what the girls say is happening.

19. pamallhoney

I like to follow Reality Steve. He seems to have word that their wasn't a sexual affair. That's why Chris kept having to say "inappropriate behavior/relationship" during his speech to Roz. The only time a sexual affair idea is mentioned is when the girls are trying to guess what happened. A producer admitted to having feelings for Roz, which means he wouldn't have been bias.

The issue was more to do with the son she left back home. Anyways, if you are interested in reading more here's the site www.realitysteve.com He was right about the Jason/Melissa/Molly thing as well as calling that Ed would be back in the the Jillian season.

Oh and he does tell who Jake picks this season for his last 2 girls, and then who he thinks is the final girl. He definitely has the spoilers if you are interested.

20. MichelleL

Either way, it was inappropriate on both sides and she never should have even engaged in something that potentially lead to "feelings".

WHAT?!?!?! :shok: I don't remember her mentioning that at all!

:acute: Like dangling candy in a child's face!! I won't go there because I don't want the spoilers. You'll have to let us know in the end if he was right. :good:

21. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Am I missing something with the spoilers they show on TV. Last week they showed Tenley telling Jake she was pregnant. I never saw that.

This week they show him walking out of a sliding door and slamming it open. Didnt see that.

Oh and who is Felicia ???

22. pamallhoney

I missed the Felicia remark. When was that?

As for the pregnancy comment, RealitySteve said it was Tenley joking with Jake when she first sat down with him while they were chatting together. I'm not sure why it wasn't played after they showed it as a spoiler.

23. pamallhoney

I'll definitely let you know if he was right. This time instead of leading his readers along, and because he's so tired of ABC's crap, he actually released the order of the final 4 earlier than he normally would.

24. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Not sure what he sees in Vienna!?! He's hardcore kickin' em to the curb when he knows it is time! :woah:

I only saw the end last night. But I like Ali and Tenley!

25. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think he is keeping Vienna because he is not as genuine as he seems, either. And what he did to Ella was completely WRONG. He should have NEVER brought her son to a date, if he wasn't sure he was going to keep her until the end(and it should have been a date if she was one of the final 4 or something). Not fair to her or her son. I liked Jake in the beginning, but not really anymore..

26. Katheryn

I was very disappointed with Ella leaving. I really liked her, but if Jake wasn't "feeling it" then that's what counts. I'm happy Tenly is still there, but Vienna???? What is he thinking??? She's too immature. He can't possibly be thinking she's "wife/mother" material? She's like a high school girl. <_<

27. MichelleL

My friend and I call it the "producer's choice". :lol:

They did it when Jason was the Bachelor too and he didn't choose her. Oh well...she had to know what she was getting into. :pardon:

I'm not a fan of Vienna's either. Blech! He obviously sees a different side of her BUT he's also opening his eyes too.

I was shocked that he didn't give out that last rose, but I'm happy he's not keeping girls for numbers sake. LOVING this season!! :woo:

28. Katheryn

Yes, Vienna= "the producer's choice." Love it! My dh and I think that, too. Each season there is one that you think they can't possibly keep another week, yet they do.

29. MichelleL

Exactly Katheryn!! Did you ever watch the season with Trish? I don't remember who the Bachelor even was that season but OMG!! She was crrrrrrrrrrazy!!!!!

30. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

I did watch the show tonight. Jake is a fake - he's in it for the money and the body.

I suspect the person who leaves the show next week will be the next Bachelorette. I won't say who it is but I believe the spoiler alert referred to earlier in this thread is right on target.

31. Katheryn

I don't know....I don't think he's a fake. After watching him last season when Jillian was the Bachelorette, Jake was the NICEST guy. He seemed genuine then. I just can't believe he's in this for the wrong reasons. The way he's eliminating girls so fast cuz they're not for right for him makes it seems like he's serious and not just messing around and compared to past seasons bachelors he's really not "all over" the girls with excessive kissing and hot tubbing, kwim?

Anyway, that said, I just can't fathom WHY he's keeping that awful Vienna???? She's spoiled, immature, and annoying! She's barely passable as attractive. It's a mystery. I hope her family ruins it for her and he lets her go next week.

I feel bad for Corrie. As soon as she admitted she was saving herself for marriage I knew she was a goner. The virgins or those with higher standards/morals never last long. That makes me upset with Jake and makes me question his integrity more than anything else.

32. MichelleL

Can I cover my eyes and pretend I didn't read that? :hush: I have been trying SO hard not to go to that site. I hate it when I ruin it for myself. But...it has been calling my name lately!!

I couldn't agree with you more!! :clapping:

Again, totally agree with you!! Sheesh, I should just let you do all the talking from now. You do a great job for both of us. :laughing:

Okay...but...I think things weren't so smooth between them even before she told him. I didn't get warm fuzzies when they were together like I do when it's him with Tenley or Ali. They just seem to "click" and she just didn't have it. She is adorable though and should have no problems getting dates after this.

Next week's previews...no rose ceremony?!?!? And who is coming back? I wonder if one of the 4 offers to leave. Gia is my guess.

33. twinstuff2

I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen the show yet but tonight was a sad episode I thought. Someone does go home on her own and I think (???) it was because she wanted Jake to commit more to her and he couldn't do it. Whether it was because he didn't want to go against the producers' wishes or because he wanted to go to St. Lucia and frolic in the sand and water with three women, I can't tell you for sure.

I'm not sure what to think. I think the person who went home was being selfish too and I'm not sure I believed her 100 pct either.

I can tell you it wasn't Vienna who went home and god I think she is disgusting. If you want proof of that, read this New York Post story about her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/02/04/2010-02-04_bachelor_contestant_vienna_girardi_stole_money_from_hubby_fighting_in_iraq_for_b.html

34. twinstuff2

Just following up on last night's post - Ali went home last night on her own claiming she couldn't leave her job anymore and since Jake didn't tell her strong enough to not go, she picked her job over him. I don't buy it - she supposedly works for Facebook and you're telling me a tech-savvy company like that (a) doesn't have enough employees to take her place while she's probably LWOP and (b) they wouldn't want a 'celebrity' to be selling advertising for them when she does return? Puh-leeze.

Here's what I think - she laid it on the line for him (and was truthful on that end) and was hurt he didn't respond in turn. She's probably used to being able to control relationships somewhat and while Jake did like her a lot, he just wasn't going to commit to her in a quick enough or strong enough manner to her liking. She opted out- possibly ABC brings her back to be the next Bachelorette if she tests well enough I suppose. I do think that couple had the best chances of succeeding but it won't happen now. She'll probably call him next week to apologize and warn him once again about Vienna.

She strikes me as being spoiled but not in a rich, spoiled way like Vienna. Just in a 'I'm attractive and smart so I deserve someone like Jake but I'm better than the others and not waiting on him anymore.' Maybe that makes her a good bachelorette - maybe not.

Gia goes home next IMO. She's pretty and sweet but way too ethnic for Jake. That will leave him with the choice of two recent divorcees - one who reminds him about it a lot and one who doesn't. Whomever he picks - it won't go to the altar.

35. sulik110202

I didn't completely buy the whole thing with Ali either. It seemed to contrived and too much of a coincidence that the same thing happened last season. And then if it is true that she is going to be the next Bachelorette, it is okay for her to leave her job then?