The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is everyone? I'm doing well, I visited with my parents the past 2 weeks because André was in London for a work trip (and I don't like being alone in a big house) We also saw the baby again this past weekend. He's growing very well - he's 185g now. So about as heavy as a slab of chocolate :)

No specific question in this thread, let's just catch up. Everyone seems to be very busy!

2. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Bren so happy for you, can't wait to see you again!

All is going well with me too, we finally managed to get a gate up at our house (CP ended up just making it himself this past weekend) so Baxter is impressed because he can finally go outside freely

Work is hectic but so much fun! I'm really excited about this project and enjoying the experience, I'm already implementing some new processes this week, so busy but seeing the improvements first hand :)

I'm enjoying cycling in Zambia - we found a nice farm to go and cycle on so at least we have some scenery

That's about the news I have ;)

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Brenda, Heavy as a slab of chocolate! Haha! Glad he is growing!

I'm taking care of a sick kid today so cannot do mommy/me class with him. Hoping he feels better soon so he can go to preschool tomorrow. He is sleeping on the couch at the moment.

I haven't talked to my twin for a while. She tends not to keep in touch very much. I know she will be heading up to Canada with her man soon, Thursday I think. We live 40 minutes from each other and see each other maybe 6 times a year... including one or two holidays. She has no kids and a boyfriend.

4. Twinrific

Geks, glad everything is going well!

Jackie every time I'm in the shops I compare baby's weight to items, lol I'm the crazy lady in the aisle holding a slab of chocolate with a blissful daydreaming smile on my face :blush: [​IMG]

I'm so sorry to hear Evan is ill, I saw on FB too. I hope he feels better soon! (and btw I hope you don't mind that we're stealing you're boys wonderful name for ours too ;) )

I'm sorry to hear you don't really keep in touch. Gerda and I text and email a lot now that she's in Zambia. We rarely had chance to see each other face to face before but we always stay in touch.

5. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear your sister doesn't really keep in touch, as Bren said, we rarely see each other but we always keep in touch (our first 2 weeks cellphone cost was quite high when I came to Zambia because of all the SMS's, it's more expensive internationally so we switched to other alternatives).

:rofl:

I'm reading everything on TS today. Something needs to keep me awake. I didn't sleep much last night (Yay insomnia) so I really can't manage to focus at work today, everyone is laughing at me here as well. I.need.sleep. Luckily for me it's also a slow day at work.

:shok:

6. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

I am busy and have plenty of things to keep me occupied (other than posting of course :p). We should have a poll of what common object the baby's final weight will be similar.

7. Twinrific

lol good idea! It should be fun objects however and nothing above 3,5kg's :p I'm scared of how big he's going to be since André's family has big babies. They have all been between 4,2kg's and 5,8kg's (9,2 pounds and 12,7 pounds) [​IMG] :lol:

8. TwinPeshi

In that case, how heavy is a bowling ball?

9. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

My guess is a hamster wheel made for a warthog. I don't know how much it would weigh but it seems like a "fun" object :p

10. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. Twinrific

[​IMG] Not that heavy :p

:lol: Definitely fun and unconventional!

12. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I have also been busy with work and uni, ready for next week to have mid session break! This is a week of concerts though so that is a good way to break up boredom! on Saturday seen Birds of Tokyo supported by Boy in a Box - Both were amazing! Wednesday night seeing Eskimo Joe supported by Frankie and the Heartstrings, never heard of the supporting act until yesterday, apparently they are from the UK, so will see how they go.

Brenda I am going to guess 3kgs :)

13. TwinPeshi

It doesn't work that way. You need to find an object with that weight and then use that.

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

My puppy? Actually no he is 5 and that would hurt poor Brenda ;)

15. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Am doing alright, personally I would say I am doing really well if it weren't for the fact that Frances seems to have hit a very severe depression. Seems like as soon as one of us is doing better, the other one is doing worser? Like a ying-yang thing? She has started seeing a therapist though, she has a second appointment next week so hopefully it will help her learn how to deal with all the negative emotions.
    I do have to say :bow2: for our younger sister! (I have to stop typing little because she really isn't that little anymore)
    Frances spend a day with Shelley getting away from it all, they talked alot, and I am so thankful that Shelley was able to be there for Frances. Who could of thought this several years ago!

Great to hear your doing well Brenda, I do have to think of fun objects though ;)

Gerda, so good to hear you are doing well and enjoying your time in Zambia! Hope you get some sleep soon!

16. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Hi Joyce, I'm so happy you are doing better! :D just a pity about Frances - funny how that works, must say a lot of times that have been the case with Brenda and I as well (though finally we're both happy, I think :p). So Shelley is also a lot more mature? and better? So happy she could give Frances some of the support she needed :)

17. Twinrific

Glad you're on a break soon Codie! Jealous of all the concerts you're seeing. I love concerts :)

Joyce I am so happy to hear you're doing better! Also sorry to hear Frances isn't :( I hope the therapy helps her feel better soon and I'm also really glad Shelley seems to be growing up and also supporting her. Life does keep throwing new curve balls. I hope soon all of you will be in a great place :hug:

18. MNTwinSquared

omg! I missed this. When I saw what you were going to name him I was thrilled! :D

1 person likes this.
  19. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Break from uni yes, work sadly not! But I didn't tell them I am on break as that will allow me to relax a few days and spend some time with Mum as she is coming up :)

Last nights concert was amazing, they are amazing live! To top it off I got given the set list of the night :D Concerts are so good! This is the 3rd one I have gone to this year, but 7 live bands total which is fun! Seeing a comedian in October with Chloe which will be good :)

20. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Actually I was going to share on Tuesday I was in the at uni in the uni shop and some guy was waving and I go to my housemate that guys waving at you, she goes who? That guy (pointing to him). Well he wasn't waving to her, he was waving to me, he goes your Chloe right? I just started laughing in his face before explaining no I am her twin. I wasn't expecting it, it hadn't happened in forever, and I reacted badly. :laughing: The worst part was it turned out to be one of her tutors. :blush:

1 person likes this.
  21. MNTwinSquared

My sister would get so mad at me if I did not fess up immediately if someone did this to me. I followed her a year after at the same college so I had people saying hi and how was your summer to me. I answered them politely and then told them who I wasn't. She also wanted me to get names so she knew who they were. That did not happen. I have had people (when I still had a paying job) ask me if I was at a certain place at a certain time. Only a few times, but it was always my sister who they saw. The most recent was when I was 8 months pregnant with Evan. I was coming out of the local post office and a couple said hi, why are you all the way up here? Ha! Ummm... I am looking like a beached whale and they mistook me for my sister who is in pretty good shape now.
    Sorry, went off on a tangent.