The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's August! Where has the year gone? What does this month hold for you?

André and I am packing, he got a new job and we'll be moving at the end of the month! I'm so excited although we're still house-hunting so I hope we find the perfect place soon.

How's everyone? You've been quiet!

2. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:hi: This year has gone SO fast!! It is crazy that it is this far gone!

Good luck with moving!! I am so glad my moving is done and unpacked. August holds uni again! All history subjects this semester, seems like it will be good. Plus on my second day at uni I met a really nice guy who is in two of my classes. :) So different from guys from home, ie he is not sleezy :laughing: I am home this weekend head back to uni tomorrow with a lot of work already to do THANKFULLY!! :D

3. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Same as normal really, I have nothing special planned.

Are you telling them that they are "sleazy"? :p

4. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:laughing: No because they already know it is cheap and not impressive :p

5. TwinRichard

I'm surprised they know, I would have expected them to be oblivious :p

6. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Well cheap lines, them being drugged up they must knew when all they can have is their drugo mates ;)

7. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This month I have TWINS DAYS! Can't wait. Its next weekend.

Other than that, nothing much.

8. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Bren so happy for you guys! (Especially that you are moving closer again :) )

Enjoy your classes Codie, and it is exciting to meet a new nice guy, hope it works out well for you

Kendra someday we'll join you on Twins day!

August plans: Cp and I and a few friends are going to Makwathi for the long weekend, can't wait! Need some relaxing; work has been crazy the last 2 weeks. I'm also giving out my wedding invitations this month, so that is exciting! I’m going to one of my best friends from high school's wedding, and running the Magoebas Hiking Trail (preparation for our Otter Trail race). So fun. busy month ahead! We're also looking for a new house closer to our work places, but at least I have a few months before the wedding so not a crisis if we don't get a suitable place this month

Enjoy your week everyone!

9. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I believe it will, it is going well :) only known him a week but feels like I have known him MUCH longer :) Good luck with finding a house and moving!! Enjoy the wedding, holiday and race :) Sounds like you have a very fun month ahead!

10. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Brenda, you are definetley the only person I know that has moved so many times ;)
    I hope you find a good house soon!

That's great to hear Codie, I hope things go well for you, both with the uni classes and with the guy you met :)

Kendra, I hope you have a great time at twinsdays! I really want to go there as well, hopefully some day we will ;)

Richard and Adrian, how are you doing?

Gerda, you sure have alot of plans, enjoy the wedding and the hiking trail!
    Hope you find a suitable home soon as well!

It definetley seems like it is much easier to find housing in SA than in Holland. We have waiting lists of several years for every area, not to mention for every area a different registration (that costs money btw) is required :rolleyes: Right now I am definetley not happy with the housing market in here. Ofcourse I will have a bit more options as soon as I am working.

I do not have much planned for august, except maybe clean the house and relax because september is going to be busy!
    I found a job!!! It is in the clinical genetics department at the academic hospital in Amsterdam (AMC). I will work in the diagnostics lab, very excited about it but also very nervous. Hopefully it will all go well!
    It is further away than I would like (about one hour and 15 minutes total traveling time) but I get a nice reduction in traveling cost and I figured I could use the time in the train to actually start reading more! :D

11. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I agree! ;)

Uni today has left me grumpy and sore!! There were no parks near/on the uni so I had to park my car over 1.5km away and walk back in the mud, after my first class I walked back to the car to get another folder, decided to see if there was a park closer but there wasn't so I have to park even further away and walk back and forth again!! Someone stole the park I was! Oh today needs to hurry up and be over! Good thing is I get to see the boy tomorrow :)

12. TwinRichard

Does CP work close to where you work then?

Not too bad :p Just relatively busy and complaining about the cold (it is only 15 degrees at the moment!).

Congratulations Joyce ;) Sounds like it should be interesting.

Do you need to change trains? I don't think one hour and fifteen minutes is too bad if you can spend all that time reading and don't need to switch trains halfway through.

13. TwinRichard

How far are you staying away from the university? If it isn't too far (less than 10 kilometres or so), get a bicycle :p I'm serious :p It is generally quicker once you take into account walking to and from where you parked your car.

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I am a 5minute drive, to walk there it would take an hour and a half according to google maps! Plus it isn't really that safe to ride/walk as it is along the freeway!! If it was closer and safe that would be a option! Carpooling tomorrow so my car will be left at home! I like not having to drive sometimes! :)

15. TwinRichard

Sounds like it should be doable by bicycle :p There must be local roads along the motorway somewhere (look here).

16. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Is it just the cold or also windy and raining? I can usually take the cold but dislike all the stormy weather ;)

No, I only need to take one train. I would not have taken the job if I had to switch halfway trough ;)

To bad cycling is not an option. Hope you can continue carpooling, that also saves money in gas ;)

17. TwinRichard

It has been very windy lately although it hasn't been raining that much (it was last week though). The problem with the cold is we have no heating so you never fully warm up except under your covers ;)

That's good. Now you just need to stock up on books to read ;)

18. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Richard do you want me to get ran over?? :( I thought we were friends ;)

Plus with parking if there are 3 or more people you get free parking! Saves $8 for a car to park!

I am so over the wind!! I have roller shutters and the fly screen is half off so the wind causes it to bang it sucks!! Get a snuggie ;)

19. TwinRichard

We need a critical mass of cyclists on the road to improve safety :p Besides, I wasn't suggesting you cycle on the motorway, just on local roads that run parallel to it.

That's an interesting idea actually.

Seems annoying. I refuse to even contemplate buying a "snuggie" :p

20. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

It definately sounds like it is easier here! we're not moving far, just about 20km from where we are now - traffic is just bad from my house to work so we want to get a place closer to our work area (with less traffic). We're not buying though, just hiring, we are going to rent out my and CP's houses and hire one house for us closer to work - so we will still have some extra money to spend on other household stuff (yip,I know, it sounds complicated, but neither of us wants to sell our houses just yet and it takes time to search for a bargain buy so hiring/renting is easier)

YAY!! congratulations, so happy you found work :) I'm sure it is going to go well and you'll find something to do in the extra travelling time (at least you don't have to drive on your own so you can do something productive - currently it takes me 1hour to travel 20km and I'm driving so I can't even read)

yip, or sort of anyway, our head quarters are very close to each other, and the client I'm working at currently is also close to the headquarters, CP's client he is working at though is a bit farther away (but in the direction of my work :p so it is still closer for him if we move) LOL - hope you understood all of this

I can't focus today - all the programming is buggeling up my mind :p

21. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Geez thanks! ;) All the roads are dangerous its either the freeway or the highway that I can take :p

It's good! Hopefully there will be parking in that area though!

Seems annoying. I refuse to even contemplate buying a "snuggie" :p

Suit yourself! They are super warm :p Yes I own one :p

22. TwinRichard

What are you doing with your famous headboard? :p

That makes sense ;)

What have you been programming?

23. TwinRichard

Tell Wollongong council to get a move on and but bicycle lanes in :p

I'm sure they are, but that still won't make me get one :p

24. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Sure I'll put it on my list of things to do :p But for now I'll just get picked up in the morning!

Suit yourself, don't complain when you are cold ;) I'll be nice and warm and you can be jealous :p

25. TwinRichard

I'll complain if I want to :p Do you wear it to lectures?

26. Code

Code Well-Known Member

No I don't but I am considering wearing uggies tomorrow!! ;)

27. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

SQL - busy writing financial reports - so okay probably not full blown programming, but enough for a not IT girl

The headboard and all the furniture are going with to the new place (if we find a suitable place, if not we'll just stay in my house). I'm definately not looking for a new headboard again :p

28. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hate snuggies just because the fleece used in them is the type that makes my teeth crawl. I do have a fleece shawl that I use. Even in August in Canada. Brandon likes the air conditioning at freezing so I'm cold a lot.

I enjoy looking at houses but then, its not my money. :D

29. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

BTW Richard, you guys have scary memories, remembering all our conversations :p I have to think twice sometimes to remember some things you bring up again (like with the headboard)

30. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

There is a rule in the 19+ forum about getting too involved in that type of thing during your first year of university. Brenda and Gerda can tell you about it :p

Our mother complains about the same thing :p

31. Twinrific

Thank you Joyce. My mom and I will be in the city tomorrow looking at all the possibilities. I'm hoping the search will end tomorrow and that we'll find the perfect place. You've explained the housing situation there before, it's sad that you have to struggle so much to fnd a place :( There's a lot of options here (obviously not all good or very safe) but generally it's nnot that hard to find a place if you know whhat you are doing. I hope that you'll find your own place soon too! :hug:

Congratulations with findig a job [​IMG] So happy for you! It's a pity the travelling time is so long but I agree it would be nice if you can read or something like that. At least you don't have to drive all that way every day. Good Luck!

Ugh, I'm hating our weather too, I'm so ready for summer!

Codie we also had lots of issues with parking at our university, it's certainly VERY irritating. I like the free parking idea, at least they are trying to use some methods to better it all.

32. Twinrific

I have no clue what these snuggies are you all are talking about :p

:lol: Adrian too true.... And I agree your memories are amazing, I forget things immediately :blush: :lol:

33. TwinRichard

That's not quite the same thing :p

I like SQL, it is fun :p That makes sense about the headboard.

I really don't understand that. You have freezing weather for most of the year and for the two months of the year it is actually warm people turn up the air conditioning to try to recreate winter indoors. The worst part is that every office building and shop insist on doing the same thing :rolleyes:

Apparently some people find it unnerving. I'm not sure why :p

How can you not have seen the video?

34. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Please explain why this rule is in place? I really like this guy! :blush:

35. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I can't even remember the reasons (but Brenda failed miserable and dated within the first two weeks of university, I held on a bit longer and only started dating when there was only one month left of my first year, so you don't have to feel too bad) Adrian and Richard feel a lot stronger about the rule

Basically the idea was that you should first experience university and mature a bit and be your own person before getting involved in a relationship. Especially experiencing independence since your twinship is also a lifelong relationship and in university sometimes you get a chance to get to know yourself without your twin always being present - if you get involved in a relationship just as you get independant you still haven't really experienced being on your own - if you get what I mean?

I'm sure Adrian and Richard will elaborate on the reasons (people are too young in first year probably the primary one)

If you like the guy, go for it! It's an exciting time and I'm happy for you! Just always be cautious and make sure the guy's intentions is good ;) (oh my word. I sound like a very old person when I say that :p)