The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sorry this is late but I'm without internet again :angry: They claim it's due to the rainy weather we had but I think they're still enjoying the long weekend and not fixing anything so I'm visiting my parents for the day and stealing their connection.

How is everyone. Let's catch up.

André and I am still in Potch. There isn't really a lot of job opportunities in the Cape (he has gotten quite a lot of offers but none good enough to pick up everything and leave) so we're starting to search in other areas as well. Guess we'll see where we end up. Exciting and frustrating at the same time. ;)

Adrian and Richard what have you decided to do? Staying in Australia?

Codie how is it going with all your new opportunities?

Tamara I hope you are doing well and are without pain.

Joyce constantly thinking of you! Miss you!

2. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Life is so amazing at this present moment! I love uni compared to many of my friends who hate it or have dropped out already. Uni is so much fun, have made some really good friends already, learnt so much and working hard again. My course is so interesting, the classes that I am doing let me use my brain again (yes I have one ;)) I am loving the oppertunities that have opened up, have had this week off due to mid semester break but have been working my butt off, finished an assignment that is not due for another week yesterday, read many things, need to finish The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde over the weekend though and start an assignment for employment relations.

Hope everyone else is GREAT :) I agree with Brenda, Joyce you are missed heaps!! :)

3. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Rain does sometimes affect the connections but only when the line is already marginal and it wasn't setup properly or has deteriorated. This just sounds like an excuse though ;) Parents are always good for piggybacking on internet connections :p The problem is we never know when to expect a reply :p

Other areas being places like Elizabeth Bay?

We're staying for the next few years, doing PhDs.

I know somebody who dropped out after two days :p

4. Code

Code Well-Known Member

A friend, actually 2 (twins) dropped out of ANU to go to Canberra Uni, one after being there from the monday to the friday she went and swapped, then her sister did a while later- like the next week I think it was. Really she hadnt been there more then 10hrs :laughing: I am still going to transfer to the main UOW campus and keep this degree thankfully they provide it there unlike what the UAC website said.

Which one is it that you boys go to? you may have said but I have forgotten sorry :blush:

5. TwinRichard

Is ANU that boring? :p

University of Sydney ;)

6. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Apparently :p

Nice :)

7. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Hey Brenda and Everyone.
    Unfortunately im not out of pain, I am so sick of it all!! Its so draininggg. i have to go back to the hospital next week for physio again. Im starting to wonder if ill ever get better. Its so scary cause ill have to go back to my doctor and i dont want him to say ill need an operation..
    Im not studying at the moment, waiting for results from my 3 month entry course and just taking time off to HOPEFULLY get better before i start my 4 year degree.
    How are you all?

8. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for missing me :hug: Trust me I feel the same way, I really miss being able to go on twinstuff!

Who new the last months before graduation where so exhausting :unsure:
    I do know one thing for sure, I have completely had it with working on experiments, thesis and a final exam. I feel like I am constantly working on something that needs to be finished on a deadline and have no energy left in the evenings anymore.
    I will be so glad when I graduate and can finally take time to relax and just do things I like! Only a few more months!

Brenda, I can imagine that must be frustrating, I hope some good job offers come in soon! And hopefully your internet acces will not give you so much trouble anymore! Are you still studying, just wondering how that is going?

Code, it is so interesting to see that you have just started University and enjoying it, and I can't wait to finish the next few months! Completely different, but it sure is good to read that you are enjoying it, I can remember how exciting the beginning of my education was when I finished high school, it is great to see that you are loving it to!

Richard, your going to do your PhD, that is really great! What are you going to work on? For now I can't remember what you where getting your masters in :blush: When are you finishing your masters?

Tamara, I am so sorry to read you are in pain. That must be very frustrating as well, I do hope you get well soon and be able to start on your degree. You'll be in my thoughts :hug:

9. TwinRichard

Hello Joyce :wavey:

I know the feeling ;) The problem is that when all of that finishes you won't know what to do anymore :p

Masters (both of them) were finished at the end of last year although I have yet to get my degrees (will happen at the end of this month ;)). I'm doing the PhD in transport (the masters was in logistics/transport/information systems).

Have fun finishing your degree (and all the work involved :p ). Have you thought about what you are going to do afterwards?

10. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Its good to see you are almost complete with your degree, and I agree with Richard, I'm interested in what you are going to do next?

Thank, it is so different to high school! but oh so much better! I have come to the realisation that who ever said "the friends you make in University are the ones you will keep forever" is actually right in a way as I have already developed amazing friendships with people and hardly speak to the ones I went to high school with. Needless to say that is not really a bad thing as some were bad frindships and you realise who actually cares enough outside of the bubble they are forced to be within for 13 years. :)

11. TwinRichard

I don't even remember the people I went to secondary school with and don't particularly care to either. I did not like secondary school at all, I agree that university is much better ;) I suppose one difference is that (most) people choose to go to university and the university they want to go to while you generally don't have the same option when it comes to schools.

12. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Exactly compared to high school were most people are forced to be there by the government or their parents (once they reach school leavers age) uni students pick their subjects because its what interest them or they need it to reach the degree that they want which makes for common interest also. Plus (most)people are more mature. :) I am the baby in my new group of friends :FIFblush:

13. TwinRichard

I don't want to be mature :p What's the fun in that? :p

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Thats why i said most clearly Richard you will always be your silly self which is why you are interesting to talk to, the king of derailing ;)

15. TwinRichard

Well at least I am good at something ;) :p

16. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Your good at annoying Adrian to :p ;)

17. Twinrific

Codie I'm so glad to hear you are enjoyinng university. I also know quite a few people who dropped out quickly (especially in the medicine directions) but I alsoo know a lot who changed courses after the first year (including me, lol)

It's better today but it was irritatingly slow over the whole weekend. :rolleyes: but the long weekeds are over now so I suspect they'll be doing their work again...

Should've known you'll continue with the studying. That's great. I know I don't need to say it but Good Luck and I know you'll enjoy it :)

Sorry to hear you are still in pain Tamara. Hopefully the physio will relieve some of it!

Awww Hello Joyce! :hug: Great to hear from you. You're amost done! Hang in there! :youcandoit: but I know how draining uni work can be!

Yup still studying (although done with the teaching degree ;)) I'm expanding on the Psychology more and more. I enjoy it a lot. The other reason we really want to move is so that I can start working full time again as well. I miss children. I really do hope he gets a good offer soon. Thanks.

18. TwinRichard

Whatever happened to the PhD you were going to do?

Have you received your degree yet then or do you have to wait months for it like us? :p

Octuplets?

19. Twinrific

Not sure what you are referring to now? lol I've made so many changes. Currently I'm not working towards a particular degree. I'm focussing on broadening my knowledge in areas that I really enjoy and find fascinating (Special needs and everything to do with education psychology and recently a lot on the younger years of children psyche and development etc) I doubt that I'll ever do the practical work and modules to actually register as a psychologist because I don't want to be one, I just think the knowledge is good to have. As some of my friends joke "don't ask Brenda what she is studying, it'll be a much shorter answer to ask what hasn't she studied" :blush: Very exaggerated as you know but I get their point. My goals have changed a lot over the years. I'm really not interested in climbing a ladder, I'm perfectly content to stay a teacher, work with a small group of children where I can make a change and have my family and friends close by. I don't feel like I have to prove myself to anyone anymore so I honestly try and strive for the things I want and not the things others expect me to do. :lol: All that and I still haven't answered your question :p

Waiting ;) :rolleyes:

*adamantly ignoring you*

20. TwinRichard

Neither do I :p I just remember you mentioning you wanted to do a PhD at some point but the search function is next to useless.

It might be worth seeing if you can apply what you are doing to one anyway :p

Well that's a change :p I always think this is a better option than doing something people expect you to do but you don't want to do. I'm happy enough blankly nodding when people tell me what they think I should do and then promptly forgetting what they said :p

When do you get it?

:( Why? :p

21. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Worst/scariest night, stupid car :cry: I hate him so much, stupid Vince. Clutch has been perfect the 9 months we have owned it, well today after a trip to wollongong (144km each way) 9km away from home the clutch slips while I am going up a hill in 4th gear, try to go to 3rd nope lost to much power, 2nd cant be done clutch is gone, cars coming both ways so I run it into a ditch and put hazard lights on, while shaking like all crap because it was so scary!! My friend when it was clear was able to drive it hard enough to turn it around onto the other side of the road so it would be save compared to where it was while i was on the road having a break down lol! 3hrs later and a truck its in the carport where it shall stay until a new clutch gets put in. until then its back to walking/ finding a lift to uni on friday! :headbang:

22. TwinRichard

Doesn't sound good. At least you managed to get it off the road even if it was into a ditch. ;)

23. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I love your sympathy lol.

24. TwinRichard

You need congratulations on not crashing more than sympathy :p

25. Twinrific

It's very possible, you know me :lol: I will at some point, for now I'm focussing on what I want to do and not what I have to do (Yes I sound like a spoiled brat)

:blush: True it has changed with me a lot over the past few years.

I'm not attending graduation so it should be send to me after that. So probably sometime before the end of the year :lol:

Codie sorry to hear you had to go through that! I've been in a car when its breaks gave in so I know it's scary when you can't control your vehicle. You handled it well and I'm happy to hear no one got injured. I hope you get your car back soon! (and that is Richard's way of showing sympathy, he agreed it's not a good situation and that you managed to get out of danger even though it was into a ditch which is never an easy thing to get out of. A & R are much bigger softies than they want to admit but they see things in facts not emotional coflicts and a lot of times a level-headed friend is the best to help you calm down about a situation and realise everything is okay now. Just saying because over the years I have come to really appreciate the stability of their friendships and their, yes sometimes blunt, honesty because you know you can count on them to be up-front and give logical solutions to a problem. I like to think my emotional personality have added to their life somewhat too :rofl: but this is all off-topic. Moving on.)

26. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

Stands in front of the ditch... 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10...

What? I was counting in front :p

27. Code

Code Well-Known Member

It is very scary to not have control of the car! not having breaks would of been much worse! Thats the main thing that noone was hurt because if i didnt run it into the ditch there was a high chance it it would of caused a huge accident. I am picking up a new clutch tomorrow after uni and Dad and my brother will put it in over the weekend, so only a few days without a cars ok :)

Yes I have to agree they are bigger softies then they like us to think, being upfront and blunt is actually a good quality! You impact people with that quality indeed :)

Although now you realise you will get the double post story I get each time i accidently do it :p

:rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: Where were the poles i stole.. may be useful :p ;)

28. TwinRichard

It's a good change as far as I'm concerned ;)

I don't know if I'm going yet. I don't particularly want to go but our mother is saying she wants to go.

Thank you Brenda for translating :p

I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of this statement :p

29. TwinRichard

Unfortunately as a moderator Brenda has the ability to delete her double post and then pretend it never happened :p

30. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Although we have evidence due to my post she did it, so is that enough :p

31. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

As a moderator she can edit your post to remove that evidence :p

32. Twinrific

:rofl: Adrian

That's why it would be great if all roads had proper space next to it for emergency situations as yours but (in SA at least) most roads have ditches next to them or potholes or something worse.

I need my car, a few days would drive me crazy. I hate inconveniences. I'm glad to hear it'll be fixed soon :)

I agree but I still maintain emotions and empathy is still a must. Caring too much about others perceptions are not important however.

My pleasure, always here to correct you :p

:lol: Didn't expect you would.

What you talking about? :angel:

33. TwinRichard

The post ID is also missing between Brenda's and Adrian's posts :p

34. TwinRichard

I won't go into this, but this isn't always a good idea. People generally have a tendency to drive faster on wider roads (and roads with more space next to it).

Maybe, but there is a difference between empathy for other people and caring about what people think about you.

You didn't correct me, you just translated what I said into non-Adrian and Richard language :p

35. Twinrific

Yes I can but I don't abuse my powers :p A moderator won't ever edit a member's post unless asked (and deemed appropriate) Codie you can alert me when you double post. Moderators usually delete one when it happens. (mine happened due to my stupid connection)

Huh? The what?