temp help

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by kim01, Feb 8, 2008.

1. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

ladies i need your help. one of my guys woke yesterday with a high fever.
    he pretty much just layed on me all day.today however he is up and at em again lol. but still has a fever 101.
    he is acting like himself,so i don't want to give him anything.
    is that thinking correct? b/c the fever is a sign he is fighting something right? so i should medicate the fever unless he begins to act sick again?
    also i have a baby shower to go to tommorw. but am thinking that i shouldn't go since he still has the fever. i don't want to give the momma to be or anyone else what ever he has/had.
    yesterday he said his tummy/head hurt and the fever thats all.
    so my questinons should i medicated for the fever?
    if not at what temp do i start to medicate even if he is acting fine?
    and should i not go to the shower?
    thanks ladies...

2. ehm

ehm Banned

I do not medicate unless they seem to be uncomfortable. Are you going alone to the shower? I don't see any reason for not going as long as you are not eliciting any symptoms.....children get sick all the time when parents don't. If you were supposed to go and bring the children then I would skip it.

3. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ Feb 8 2008, 12:43 PM) [snapback]612784[/snapback]
    I do not medicate unless they seem to be uncomfortable. Are you going alone to the shower? I don't see any reason for not going as long as you are not eliciting any symptoms.....children get sick all the time when parents don't. If you were supposed to go and bring the children then I would skip it.

I agree. My pedi also told me that any time a child has a fever, a headache accompanies that. So the headache complaint sounds right on with the fever. I bet he just had a touch of a bug. See how he is tomorrow. If you are going alone though, I don't see why you shouldn't go as long as you are feeling ok.

4. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

thanks ladies...
    that was yesterday(thur) today he still has a small fever but is acting completely normal.
    i was suppose to go alone. i just don't want to chance it,i would be upset if someone did that to me. i wasn't sure if what i had heard(the child needs to be fever free for 24 hours) was true or not..
    thanks ladies.