teething biscuits are so gross

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AimeeThomp, Jun 9, 2008.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First I thought formula and bottles were a big mess, until I started baby food. Then I thought baby food was a big mess, until giving them a teething biscuit. Yuk! Those things are so gross and I have this fear that the girls will choke on them! It seems like they break a hunk off the end of it and put that big chunk all the way in their mouths and suck on it. Anyone just not give their babies teething biscuits? They get all caked on their faces and hands and everywhere, it's just gross!

A couple pics of my girls enjoying the messy biscuits:

messy biscuits
    Amelia Margaret's messy face
    Amelia
    Lily's messy face
    what a mess!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Waaa! I can't see your pictures!!!

And yes teething biscuits are gross! Oh and I'm still paranoid about them choking on them, so I put them in the mesh feeders. It also helps contain some of the mess. But we always do baths immediately after those things because it dries and cakes on every crevice of their body!!!

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I can't see the pictures, either...

But yeah, they're really gross -- I tried them once or twice with Nadia, but, yuck! I never bothered this time around -- they really don't *need* them for any reason.

4. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I cant see them either!

I have not tried the kids with those, but I am sure that will be a sight to see....they already make a huge mess with baby food!

5. AimeeThomp

I guess it's too late for me to edit my post b/c the edit button is gone now. Here are the pics, I hope it works this time, I moved them to an album after I posted it here so I think that messed it up:

messy girls
    Amelia's mess
    Amelia again
    Lily
    what a mess!

I hope it works this time!

6. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Love the photos...gave me total flash backs. I only gave them at the end of dinner right before a bath because they are so messy!

7. smiley_ca1

smiley_ca1 Well-Known Member

Cute pics. Haven't tried anything like that yet, just the Mums and those were bad enough. Hope you have a towl under neath their seats to save your carpet!! :)

8. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

Cute messy pics! Yes we use them only because they love them. We too only give them at dinner because we bathe right after dinner so it isn't a big deal. yes they are a big mess, I just make sure I stand right there the whole time and fish out the big chunks from their mouth. The toast (ziebwyack) ms? are a little better, they can soften those more to have pieces.

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:) I made the mistake of giving Ryan one at a restaurant the other day! It went all the way down his side and the drool never stopped! I thought the cookie was gone and when I got him to the car, the "cookie" drool kept coming! Gross!

We got the Earth's Best brand and it seems to hold up well until it fills up their mouths.
    my cookie monster

10. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

OH what cute little messy girls you have.

11. AimeeThomp

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Jun 9 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]817680[/snapback]
    :) I made the mistake of giving Ryan one at a restaurant the other day! It went all the way down his side and the drool never stopped! I thought the cookie was gone and when I got him to the car, the "cookie" drool kept coming! Gross!
    We got the Earth's Best brand and it seems to hold up well until it fills up their mouths.
    my cookie monster

LOL! Cute pic!

12. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Oh ~ I remembered giving those to my older two and made sure to NOT give them to Alexis and Peyton!

They are so gross and messy. They make for cute pictures though :p

Your lil girls are adorable!

April :)
    [/SIZE]

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love those pictures but it brought back memories of giving one to Sophie-so gross! Thanks for reminding me not to ever buy those things again!

14. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

That is messy!...LOL :lol: .

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

Cute pictures! Teething biscuits are gross, and they dry like cement!