Teenage boys who eat from the time they wake up until they go to sleep at night

Discussion in 'General' started by Mama_Kim, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

This topic came up at WW last night. People were complaining about goodies in the work place. I said, try living with three teenage boys who eat from the time they wake up until they go to sleep at night!!!!!! :lol:

2. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Mine 15 yo opens the fridge 100 times a day, hoping that something new has grown in there, I guess. :laughing: The 13 yo hasn't really started puberty yet, so he still eats a normal amount. The other one is like Jeremy from "Zits." Of course, he is extremely active as well. He probably eats about 3000 calories a day.

3. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Patrick eats what seems to be non stop. I am so surprised he doesn't weigh a ton (he isn't little mind you...5'11.5" 185lbs)

I miss the days when we could go to the Outback and share a meal...gone are the days of the inexpensive food budget.

BTW...QUOTE
    Mine 15 yo opens the fridge 100 times a day, hoping that something new has grown in there
    this describes everyone in our house- aside from the babies (yeah even me :FIFblush: )

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

What about girls? My girls can keep up very well with my boys! :laughing:

5. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(cwinslow7 @ Jul 31 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]351665[/snapback]
    Patrick eats what seems to be non stop. I am so surprised he doesn't weigh a ton (he isn't little mind you...5'11.5" 185lbs)
    Same for Sean only I swear he has a hollow leg. He's 5'11" and weighs 140 pounds. But the boys can EAT!!!!

6. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

My boys eat like horses, too. My eldest does not eat huge amounts at one sitting, however. Never. He just can't force more than a moderate, normal sized serving in there at one sitting. But, he obviously needs a lot of calories to feed that growth spurt, so what I find is that he tends to eat about once every 2 hours. He'll come home from school and have a substantial snack (probably a PB sandwich and milk with instant breakfast...or similar) at 4PM and then eat supper at 6PM, then another snack (maybe cheeze and crackers and juice) at 8 PM and finally another snack (usually ceral with milk and juice) at around 10. If he goes right to sleep, he's good for the night then, but if he's up studying or whatever, he will be down for more food around 11:30....maybe a microwave pizza or something. This is literally what he does all day long. He always eats his regular meals, too, but he cannot (and I would never force him) eat double helpings at supper, so it's the only way to keep the supply of calories going! :D

7. Mama_Kim

Renée, that is exactly how Sean eats. He eats a normal amount at one sitting, but eats almost all day long. He has been on a presciption antibiotic for his acne, and he's supposed to take it on an empty stomach. Please, tell me when his stomach is ever empty? :lol:

8. Kim5kids

Kim5kids Well-Known Member

I'll have to let you know in about 6 years :blbl:

9. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

Teenage boys indeed seem to have an endless appetite, always ready for the next snack or meal from morning till night. It's important to make sure that the endless stream of food they consume is safe and nutritious. This is where always food safe customer service can play a big role, offering guidance on food safety and handling to keep those endless meals as healthy as possible. Balancing their need for calories with the quality of food can help support their growth and energy levels effectively.