Tailored pants at 2.5?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by angie7, Oct 10, 2008.

1. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I loathe having to buy my girls clothes, pants mostly!! They are so tall and skinny that nothing fits them! I have to get all their pants tailored and it's driving me batty!! Anyone else have to do this for your twins? Did they ever fit in "normal" clothes?

2. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I have this problem with my girls all the time. I don't get their pants tailored but I usually only buy them with the pull tabs inside so that I can adjust the waist so they stay on.

Right now the weather here is cool on some days and warm on others. On the cooler days I am getting as much use as I can out of last season's 2T clothes. Most are fitting them perfectly now and probably will for about another month or 2. That way by the time they start wearing their 3T pants they should fit enough that their shoes (sneakers or boots) will keep them off the floor.

Today they are wearing a skort and Ali was running all over the driveway while we were getting ready to go out and the skort kept falling to her ankles. So that will definitely be fitting them again in the spring.

Also, I will be keeping all their shorts for next summer since some 18month shorts were fitting them this past summer.

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Adjustable waist pants are our very best friends, you can buy them lots of places (Costco, Target, TCP, Old Navy). The few pairs we have that aren't adjustable I do have to have my MIL take them in.

4. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

Definately the adjustable pants for my kids. We actually call them the kids maternity pants. LOL!! I have found Levi's at Target on clearance for like $5.00. Kohl's also has adjustable waist pants too.

5. juliereynolds42

juliereynolds42 Well-Known Member

I've had really good luck with The Children's Place for my tall very skinny girls. TCP also has adjustable waistband pants that are fairly inexpensive (especially on sale).

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Adjustable is the way to go. Also the stretchy legging type pants (very comfy play pants) at Old Navy are more narrow and nice and long!! Cute too!!