SYTYCDance?

Discussion in 'General' started by dfaut, May 29, 2011.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Come on in all you Dance fans!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

They had some awesome talent in Atlanta. I just love this show!

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!! :yahoo:

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

This show is awsesome!! :)

6. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

Oh Yes!! :woohoo: and I think I can dance too!

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I haven't made it through the whole thing yet. But so far the level of dance is starting out SUPER HIGH!!! :faint:

I also love Megan Mulalley!
    (sp?)

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I have been watching this the whole time. My fav's so far are Robert, Tadd, Jordan, and I really like Iveta (she seems to be so quiet). I am really enjoying this season a whole lot!

9. MNTwinSquared

So, who should have gone home today?

My favorites are Tadd, Amanda, Marko and Sasha!!!

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I can't remember their names. I honestly couldn't pick someone to have gone home. They are all soooooo talented! Really, it seems like the talent pool is deeper every year!!

Next week will be a blood bath - 4 people going home!!

11. Utopia122

Wow, 4 people? I didn't realize that. I guess it is purely based on public opinion, too, isn't? That's going to be a hard one to watch because they are all amazing.

12. MNTwinSquared

Agreed! I knew they were not going to send anyone home last night. I have my least favorites... but they are extremely talented no matter what, so I am glad the judges make the final call. I just could not do it. I can't wait to see the "All Stars" come back!

13. MNTwinSquared

So, do you vote for favorites or do you vote for the 'best dancer?' I can't wait until it is on tomorrow night!

14. Utopia122

I didn't vote the other night [​IMG] But if I had voted, I would have voted for who I thought was the best but I forgot all about voting. I had it in my mind, and then when I saw this thread I was like, "whoops". I'm going to make sure I vote next time though.

15. MNTwinSquared

So, who did you vote for last night???

DH & I voted for numbers 2, 5, 7 & 10 :)

16. MNTwinSquared

Is no one watching this? What did you think of the eliminations? Who should have gone home?

I don't get why They kept the girl they did. They told Missy that she danced great (cha cha with Wadi) and that she danced for her life wonderfully. Then they told Ryan that she could have done better and kept her. :umm: That didn't make any sense to me. I found this written on the subject:

17. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Ryan is a favorite across the season. She is better than Missy overall. I guess I agreed with them.

18. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Talent is so great this year that they are going to be sending home some fabulous dancers every week. I think I agree with the judges, but felt bad for the ones that went home. Ryan was one away from making Top 10 last year with the Allstars, so I'm happy she wasn't sent home yet.

19. Utopia122

I really think they kept the right ones. With the six they had up, I just don't think that overall the four who went home was as good as Ryan and Ricky.

20. MNTwinSquared

Ok, I didn't know the history of Ryan.

21. MNTwinSquared

Adding on to my thought.. why is she being judged by previous years? I stand my my thought that Missy did an outstanding job doing the cha cha & the dance for her life. Ryan did not. Just my 2 cents.

22. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice how all the people kicked off SYTYCD are couples so far? Why? This hasn't been the case in years past and am wondering what's going on with the judges. Do they not want to mix the couples if they split one?

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Melissa, I read an article saying it was purely coincidental!

I'm so far behind!! :(

24. MNTwinSquared

Yes, I noticed a pattern. Isn't this the first time though that they've 'started out' with 20 dancers instead of just 10? Was it last week when Miranda/Robert were booted? I could understand Robert, but Miranda? Especially after her woodpecker dance.
    Coincidental my foot! Sorry, I don't buy it. I have yet to watch Thursday's show (I was out of town.) but both Ashley & Chris?

And what I don't get (I know it is a popularity contest) is why two couples (Ricky/Ryan, Tadd/Jordan) who got a lot of positive comments from the judges ended up in the bottom three. I didn't care for many of the routines on Wednesday night but cannot believe who ended up in the bottom three.

1 person likes this.
  25. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I think last year has been the only year they've done only a top 10. It's usually a top 20, but last year they tried something new with bringing back 10 allstars to fill in for the other 10 dancers that would normally be there. But, they've never sent home dancers by "couple" like this before. Usually they just pair up the 2 people that have lost their partners and they now become a pair. In years past, the chemistry of the new pair hasn't been great everytime so that's why I was wondering if they had changed something so that the chemistry could continue to build with the couples. Who knows...

It's always hard for me when I don't understand why the judges send home a certain person. I wish it was just all America's vote if it was truly "America's Favorite Dancer" and the judges don't get involved in picking the one that goes home. The person with the least votes should go home, kind of like American Idol. American Idol narrows it down and then it turns to America. The same thing should happen with SYTYCD too I think. I know it is all by vote once they get to 10 dancers, but I think it should be that way for all of the Top 20. One thing I try to remember is that it's "favorite", not necessarily "best" if that makes sense. So it really is a popularity thing and the winner may not necessarily be the best dancer.

But I do just love this show!!!

1 person likes this.
  26. MNTwinSquared

I do too and enjoy the dancing. I just watched Thursday's episode and I was *almost* crying along with Chris & Ashley. Looks like he was trying to hard to keep it together in that last scene before (falling to the floor?) they cut away. Why do they 'dance for their lives' if they are not judged by that? The judges clearly state that he dances very well when he is soloing, but he is being judged by his performances with a partner which are choreographed. I just don't get it.

27. MNTwinSquared

So, who is going to go home tonight? I wonder if they will not send home a 'couple' this time because it doesn't matter this week and then they could really say it was just a coincidence. :umm:

28. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Looks like that trend was bucked tonight!

29. MNTwinSquared

So, the remaining dancers are:
    1. Tadd
    2. Ricky
    3. Mitchell
    4. Marco
    5. Jess
    6. Jordan
    7. Caitlyn
    8. Melanie
    9. Sasha
    10. Clarice

The All-Stars coming back are Brandon Bryant, Comfort Fedoke, Chelsie Hightower, Allison Holker, Pasha Kovalev, Melody Lacayanga, Kathryn McCormick, Robert Roldan, and tWitch.

It's going to be hard to narrow the field now! Who do you want the contestents to be paired with? Which All-star?

30. MNTwinSquared

:escape: drive by posting...
    Why must they get rid of a female & male dancer??

31. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

That's an excellent question! That stuff drives me nuts! Take the best of the best... doesn't matter if it comes down to two boys or two girls .... IMO....

I haven't watched enough to answer your first question Jackie. Sorry!

32. Utopia122

Predictions for the last 4?? I'm going out on a limb on two of them, but I think two of them will be Melanie and Marko and the other two will be Caitlynn and well, it's honestly a toss up between Ricky and Tadd but I think Tadd will probably edge out Ricky.

33. MNTwinSquared

I do not think Sasha will NOT be in the final four. My predictions for the final four based on how they dance would be Tadd, Sasha, Melanie & Marco. (In random order.) I do not think that Caitlyn or Ricky are strong enough to pull it off based on skill. That said, I am shocked that Jess went home and Ricky is still there.

34. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My prediction is Melanie, Sasha, Marco and Tad. We've got some awesome dancers this year.

35. MNTwinSquared

So, the finale is next week. That means it is the last show, right? :blush: The 4 finalists are Tadd, Melanie, Marco and Sasha. When the judges picked the top 20, those were the four dancers I picked. Ok, I also picked Ricky, as I did have a top 5 and he left today.

Does that mean that one person is picked next week to win? (stupid question perhaps)