Sydney Joelle & Chloe Katherine are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tamaras, Jan 5, 2008.

1. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hellllo all!

Well, the girls are finally here & I finally have one second to post!

Thursday December 27th I went to my OB for my amnio that she wanted to do the day prior to the c-section (to make sure the lungs were developed).

After the amnio she wanted me to be monitored for one hour at the hospital. I was starting to get very uncomfortable and was having contractions while in Triage. After 5 LONG HOURS in triage they decided to just admit me seeing as my section was scheduled for 5:30am the next day. I was just relieved to either be admitted or to go home....triage isn't very fun and the beds are sooo uncomfortable!

I was pretty nervous that night before & luckily they gave me some med's to help me sleep a little. Nurse woke me at 5:30am & I was prepped for surgery.

The spinal was much better than what I had imagined. They let my hubby in after the spinal & things went SO fast from there.

Before I knew it they were telling me that baby A (sydney) was out followed by baby B (chloe) ~ it was an amazing moment and I am so glad that my DH has it on video :)

Sydney Joelle was born at 7:50am & weighed 6 pounds even
    Chloe Katherine was born at 7:51am & weighed 4 pounds 12 ounces

Chloe was pretty darn small so they watched her pretty carefully, but she did not need to go to the NICU.
    Mostly they just checked on her temperature to make sure she was warm enough.

Post-delivery I was in the hospital for 3 nights & 4 days. We had a slew of visitors, which was good & bad. Over a 2 day period I think there was over 30 people that came by. Hindsight I would have told people (besides close family) to come once we got home as I was so exhausted & in a little bit of pain. PLUS learning to feed & trying to rest. It was a little overwhelming. Finally the nurse recommended that we put a sign on the door saying that all visitors much check in w/ the nurse before visiting & it really helped.

I was so glad to get home & we were both pretty nervous, but are figuring things out day by day (or really hour by hour!).
    My mother in law stayed with us for 4 nights, but we were on our own last night. We are definitely sleep deprived due to the 3 hour feeding schedule but are hanging in there & enjoying those sweet waking hours with the girls :)

I would love to have help from family for longer, but what can ya do?! We will make it just fine :)

I am not sure exactly how to get pics on here, so hopefully this works!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p138/ta...er/IMG_1672.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p138/ta...er/IMG_1698.jpg

2. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They are beautiful!! Congratulations!!

4. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! They are gorgeous! x

5. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

They look great!!!!

Shannon

6. lhodnett73

lhodnett73 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the girls, they are beautiful. I'm glad to hear the things went smoothly and everyone is healthy.

7. goldylocks

goldylocks Well-Known Member

Beautiful!

8. Mrs. Johnny

Mrs. Johnny Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Jan 5 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]558606[/snapback]
    Hellllo all!

Well, the girls are finally here & I finally have one second to post!

Thursday December 27th I went to my OB for my amnio that she wanted to do the day prior to the c-section (to make sure the lungs were developed).

After the amnio she wanted me to be monitored for one hour at the hospital. I was starting to get very uncomfortable and was having contractions while in Triage. After 5 LONG HOURS in triage they decided to just admit me seeing as my section was scheduled for 5:30am the next day. I was just relieved to either be admitted or to go home....triage isn't very fun and the beds are sooo uncomfortable!

I was pretty nervous that night before & luckily they gave me some med's to help me sleep a little. Nurse woke me at 5:30am & I was prepped for surgery.

The spinal was much better than what I had imagined. They let my hubby in after the spinal & things went SO fast from there.

Before I knew it they were telling me that baby A (sydney) was out followed by baby B (chloe) ~ it was an amazing moment and I am so glad that my DH has it on video :)

Sydney Joelle was born at 7:50am & weighed 6 pounds even
    Chloe Katherine was born at 7:51am & weighed 4 pounds 12 ounces

Chloe was pretty darn small so they watched her pretty carefully, but she did not need to go to the NICU.
    Mostly they just checked on her temperature to make sure she was warm enough.

Post-delivery I was in the hospital for 3 nights & 4 days. We had a slew of visitors, which was good & bad. Over a 2 day period I think there was over 30 people that came by. Hindsight I would have told people (besides close family) to come once we got home as I was so exhausted & in a little bit of pain. PLUS learning to feed & trying to rest. It was a little overwhelming. Finally the nurse recommended that we put a sign on the door saying that all visitors much check in w/ the nurse before visiting & it really helped.

I was so glad to get home & we were both pretty nervous, but are figuring things out day by day (or really hour by hour!).
    My mother in law stayed with us for 4 nights, but we were on our own last night. We are definitely sleep deprived due to the 3 hour feeding schedule but are hanging in there & enjoying those sweet waking hours with the girls :)

I would love to have help from family for longer, but what can ya do?! We will make it just fine :)

I am not sure exactly how to get pics on here, so hopefully this works!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p138/ta...er/IMG_1672.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p138/ta...er/IMG_1698.jpg
    Congrats! They are sooooo precious! Your getting me excited! :)

9. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Sydney and Chloe are gorgeous! Enjoy this sweet new baby time, and I hope you are able to rest.

10. aimeemolloy

aimeemolloy Well-Known Member

so cute!

11. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Congratulations… Your girls are too cute… I can’t wait to get my little picture of my boys all snuggly like yours…

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congrats :birthday: !

13. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! They are beautiful babies. So glad everyone is doing so well and is home.

Dianna

14. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

Congrats again Tamaras. They are gorgeous! They are so similar in size to my girls (born at 5lbs and 6lbs even) The three hour feeding schedule is pretty exhausting, isn't it??

15. Angelaandtwins

Angelaandtwins Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! THank you for reminding me about the visitor thing - I remember feeling the same way with my first and I will ask our family to spread the word that we would like to wait and have visitors at home!

They are just beautiful!

Angela

16. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

They are beautiful! Congratulations!

17. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

Congratulations, they are SO cute!!

18. buttercup751

buttercup751 Member

They are so adorable. Ccongratulations!! Enjoy being home.

19. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

congradulations!!

20. amyjoy3

amyjoy3 Well-Known Member

Congrats! They are beautiful!!

21. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

congrats! what cutie pies!

22. MARYLANE

MARYLANE Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :banana:

23. navywife2bmom

navywife2bmom Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

24. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, they are so cute! Congratulations!

25. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

They are so sweet, congratulations

26. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! They are beautiful! I love the last picture of them sleeping facing each other! :wub:

27. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

YOu have 2 beautiful little princesses there! Glad everyone is doing well! Congrats!

28. natasha163

natasha163 Well-Known Member

congrats on your beautiful babies!!!

29. Fletchie

Fletchie Well-Known Member

What beautiful girls!

Congrats!!!!!!