Swollen Feet & sore fingers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by 2xjoy, Mar 21, 2010.

1. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

I am about 36 weeks with di/di girls and for the last couple of weeks, my fingers and particularly my knuckles have been aching. Also, just in the last couple of days, my feet and ankles have started to swell and look quite puffy.
    I have tried putting my feet up a little, but they don't seem to be any better.
    I have a doctors ap. tomorrow after lunch, and up til now, have not had any real problems apart from a VERY sore back. Am wondering if I should be more concerned or if carrying twins just puts more pressure on my body than normal.

2. Kaffeetee

Kaffeetee Well-Known Member

I was worrying about my sore fingers as well. Especially in the nights, sometimes it takes efforts to move those fingers.
    I asked the nurse at the hospital a couple of days ago, she told me it's all because of the extra fluid, nothing to worry about.

3. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

If everything is going well otherwise, will they decide to bring the c/s forward does anyone think? I have about 2 1/2 weeks to go anyway and babies are a good size.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Probably not unless your bp starts going up... It's so hard but you are very close to the end & they gain needed extra weight like crazy right now. One day/hour/minute at a time.