swimming lessons

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by miss_bossy18, Nov 26, 2008.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

has anyone on here taken their LOs for infant swimming lessons? did they enjoy it? did you? any tips? here's a silly question - do you leave their diapers on?

my MIL & i are thinking of taking the girls for swimming lessons in the spring - they'll be about 9 months old. it's still a while till then, but i've got it on the brain... :)

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We've taken them swimming (at that age) and there are swim diapers. :)

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls are starting the ISR swim lessons in March. They are going to wear little swimmy diapers. *Warning* don't put your baby in the swimmy diaper until you get to the pool, the diaper does not absorb urine, it's only made to catch poop.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yep, swim diapers here too!

5. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I heard the swim diaper thing too. I haven't taken them for official lessons but we took them in the pool this summer and we just did it a little at a time but they wanted more and more. They loved it so much and I hope yours does too! I can't wait for next summer for our lessons and lots of pool time.

6. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

We have just finished a course of baby swim lessons - didn't attend all due to colds, coughs, etc. But they LOVED it. They really got used to the water all over them, went under the water ok and just had a great time. Swim nappies a must.

7. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this topic. I was wondering the same thing. I really want to take mine to swimming classes and was wondering when would be a good time to start! My ILs have a swimming pool at their summer house so guess where we´ll be next summer! :D