Survivor : South Pacific

Discussion in 'General' started by MichelleL, Sep 8, 2011.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I can't stand Coach !! Ugh. But I LOVE the show !!

3. MichelleL

I'm not a fan either. But he does make for some good entertainment. :D

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Coach is such a trainwreck! I despise him, actually. It was disappointing finding out he is named Ben (my DH's name :wub:).

Ozzy, though- :wub: I'll watch him any day of the week!

5. MichelleL

I liked Ozzy too. :spiteful: But did you click on the link. He has realllly long hair now. Wasn't it short before? I'm so not a long hair fan. :bad:

6. cheezewhiz24

It was short before... I don't mind long hair a bit :D (when we met DH had longer hair than I did! I said hi, can I tug on your hair?- it was in ringlets).

7. MichelleL

:rotflmbo: That is awesome!! I know plenty of people that don't mind it. I'm just an odd one. :pardon:

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing Ozzy on the show. I was a big fan of his. Not looking forward to Coach, he drives me nuts.

9. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Coach has a better chance to hang around than Ozzie does. Everyone knows Ozzie is a strong competitor whereas Coach only THINKS he is one.

10. MichelleL

Very true Jenn! Coach will stick around...the annoying ones you want off the island always do. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  11. cheezewhiz24

This is so true and sad. Hopefully Ozzie can win them over with survival skills or stay at redemption island (is that what it's called still?) long enough to stay in the game.

12. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I freaking :wub: Ozzie, hair and all! SOOOOO HAWT! [​IMG] So excited for tonight! [​IMG]

13. MichelleL

Ugh!!!! I forgot to set it up and missed the first 20 min. :grr:

14. cheezewhiz24

Michelle, check out CBS.com- by tomorrow the premier will be on there.

15. MichelleL

Yeah, I know. I just hate watching them online or waiting for OnDemand.

/little miss spoiled signing out :laughing:

16. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Watching!

17. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Ok, don't hate me, but I *like* Coach this time... Eek! [​IMG] I found myself rooting for him! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  18. cheezewhiz24

Coach (in this episode) seemed to have more composure and less craziness, but for me it's only a matter of time before I renew my "I Hate Coach" card. I did like that he seemed to help the tribe figure stuff out- shelter, how to use the machete, etc.

Ozzy, on the other hand, is better with the sound off. :lol: He's so pretty- :wub: but I agree with Dawn- he's too laid back. They do need a shelter and should get cracking on it while they aren't starving and thirsty.

Spoiler alert below (tonight's episode).

I'm so glad the "Little-Nerd-That-Could" (Cochran) made it through tonight. I like him! :good:

1 person likes this.
  19. MichelleL

:rofl: That is awesome! I totally agree. He is definitely the type that will go far because of his ability to "outwit". I think they sent the right person home. :good:

I too agree that Ozzy is waaaay too laid back.

I guess I'm all alone on the hair thing. :bad: Hate it!

20. Moodyzblu

I found myself liking Coach too. I kind of feel bad for him .. especially the "cold" welcome he got. Geesh. I also like Ozzie .. he kind of reminds me of my Rob. :)

Russell's nephew is NOTHING like I expected ! I actually like him and think he's sort of a sweet kid. I guess time will tell. Hmmmm ..

I think they made the right choice at tribal last night.

21. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Last night was a good episode. I think Coach's chances went up tremendously when his tribe won the first immunity challenge. Now he has a could of days to build trust and alliances. It's easy to see him as the target after just a couple of days. Ozzie's tribe made the right decision between the two they were debating. Coachran needs the chance to prove if his school smarts will help them with the puzzle solving part of the challenges. If he can't do them, then I tend to think he won't be around long.

22. Moodyzblu

I was saying this last night. I thought it was good that Coach gets a chance to spend some time with his tribe before they make the hasty decision to just boot him off. I never thought I would find myself cheering for Coach !!

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I missed the first half... so, They put old people back in? Is that what I'm understanding?

Ozzy put a target on him by campaigning for Semhar so hard....

24. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Just watched the premier last night. I agree with PP and was very suprised to find that I liked Coach. I hope he doesn't go all "Dragon Slayer" on them and get weird again. Maybe he is changing is game up for this season. I still like Ozzy. What does everyone think of Russell's nephew? He seems like a nice guy or does he have me fooled?

25. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I like Russells Nephew but he seems a little dumb wearing that shirt all dumb to cover his tattoos.

I must not have watched the season with Ozzie on it because I don't remember him.

26. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this.

I hate Russell's nephew. Oh please what an idiot. He wanted to vote off Mikalah because he is attracted to her and is too tempted to cheat on his wife by her mere presence on the team. Boy his wife must be proud.

27. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I hope Russell's nephew goes home quickly. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt but to want to weaken the tribe strictly because he can't control his wandering eye is repulsive. I mean, has the guy never seen an episode of Survivor? There are always hot women running around in nearly nothing. Was he hoping that they were going to pick ugly self conscious women suddenly? Oh and what was up with telling Coach about Russell. Did he not watch that season?

28. cheezewhiz24

I really wanted to like Brandon. If he wasn't so gross as you mentioned above- that'd be great. Also, at tribal council, did you see Coach react when Brandon let it out that he was the one who lied? I think it showed that Brandon is trying to be honest- in a game about pretense. (Pretend honesty). But he's too honest. Plus, saying you'll never reveal who you are- then telling Coach on day 4 or 5? COME ON! That's pathetic!

29. Moodyzblu

Yeah .. he totally got weird ! I thought I was going to like him ... I really wanted to. But now he's sort of giving me the same feeling his uncle did.

30. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I cannot stand him either. Really buddy you can't keep it in your pants for 30 days. Not only that but he is nothing to look at. At least he is on the tribe of unattractive ppl, imagine if he was on the other side.

31. twoplustwo

The thing that was the most irritating to me is that he keeps calling her Parvarti. She is nothing like Parvarti. This woman just happens to have a killer athletic body but I don't see her flaunting herself or flirting etc like Parvarti did. Brandon just sees everything she does as so tempting he really believes she is a she-devil. Pathetic.

1 person likes this.
  32. twoplustwo

I haven't been able to decide if Brandon is trying to be honest (which seems to go against the grain) or if he felt backed into a corner and fessing up was his best strategic move being that everyone was admitting it wasn't them who said that about Mikayla. It was just a matter of time before everyone figured out who said what, then he would be forever the liar instead of someone who was "honest enough" to admit what they did.

Brandon is either a very stategic player and decided that revealing something personal like that to coach would win him over or he is just really impulsive and stupid.

I think I am leaning toward impulsive and stupid.

33. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Anyone else hoping that next week's challenge is a hard, physical one? I think Coach's team made a big mistake last night.

34. cheezewhiz24

Oh, yeah! Mikayla was actually talented in challenges. I think if both she & Coach weren't making shots, they BOTH should have stopped shooting. It felt a little sexist to me, actually, that he wanted her to stop shooting but couldn't figure out that he wasn't making shots himself.

Also, my love for Ozzy is starting to dim. With the sound on, he's kind of annoying. I hope there is a coup de Cochran!

35. MichelleL

What is Ozzy thinking?!?!?!!!!! :fool: He is going to be the laughing stock if he doesn't win the duel or if there isn't a merge next show. I think that was an idiot move. Get Cochran outta there, end of story.