Survivor - Nicaragua

Discussion in 'General' started by MichelleL, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Survivor Nicaragua starts in just a few weeks!! :woo: Here is a link to check out the cast. :clapping: I totally forgot that Jimmy Johnson (football coach/broadcaster, not NASCAR driver) will be on the show.

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Are you in my brain?!?!?!?! [​IMG]I was just looking for this online and came here and you posted about it! [​IMG]

I am so excited, although after last season, it's gonna have to work hard to compete with Heroes vs Villains! Seriously, the best season EVA! [​IMG]

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Soooo excited !! :banana:

4. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

I am excited, but am surprised they have moved it to Wednesday night. I have scheduled my Thursday nights around Survior since season 1, what will we do :laughing: .

5. JDMummy

Obviously they don't want to compete with the Thursday night line up anymore, and it's replacing LOST's time slot from last year. Should be interesting to see how long Jimmy Johnson can last... he is already famous and a millionaire. [​IMG]

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I might watch just to see Ben! Is that legal? Can I say that... :spiteful:

It looks like young v. old

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Looks like we are up for another good season. I must admit watching the intro videos for a few of them had me wanting to vote them off before the show even starts.

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Ew, Ben is too much of a play-ya for me. Wow, Jimmy J? Looks like it will be a good season. I don't know about wed night though. that really messes with my schedule.

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

It seems like Jimmy Johnson will have a huge target on his back like a PP said. Why just one celebrity? Why not do a celebrity season or a celebrity verses all-starts type thing?

10. JDMummy

Me too! I hope its as soon as last... hard to beat! [​IMG]

11. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Of course Shannon was from Louisiana with his gay slander at tribal council! Every time there is a person from Louisiana on a reality show they are horrible! I wonder where they find these people, must be in the swamps. I haven't watched since Season 1 b/c my Thursday nights are taken, but now that it's on Wednesdays I am watching.

12. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is a good idea! I, too, have structured Thursday night plans around Survivor for a lonnnnggggg time.

13. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

When he was ranting I thought "Hey idiot you are on national TV and you are going to talk like that about a group of people" Do they forget they are being taped and it will be shown on TV?

14. twoplustwo

Shannon was really unreal! I was so glad he got voted out after that absurd rant. He signed his own death warrant with that rant!

It will be interesting to see how the 1 celebrity thing goes. Wonder if he can figure out how to fit in as opposed to being seen as a celebrity. Maybe that's why they did it.

15. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think they do sorta forget they are being taped. They see the cameras etc., but he really did himself NO favors! Now he will be forgotten! (except for his rant).

16. JDMummy

He was a dip anyway... thought he was running that entire group over there and he WAS NOT. :laughing: I love how the younger crowd is completely imploding! :lol: Awesome!

17. twoplustwo

Being an "oldie" myself, I love it too! [​IMG]

18. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I strongly believe that the older tribe just shot themselves in the foot last night. They made a big mistake getting rid of a motivator and strong leader. Now there will be several men trying to fill his spot and none of them will be as effective since they will butt heads in the power struggle.

19. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I agree Jenn .. that was a DUMB move. :(

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Jenn, that's the perfect way to say what I was thinking! [​IMG] I may not watch anymore unless that Nayonka b!tch goes home. She's POISON! She will be nothing but bringing them down!! I can't IMAGINE having her as a teacher (P.E. or otherwise!)

I was so sad to see Jimmy go, but he seemed OK with it! Now the other "alpha" males can duke it out!

21. JDMummy

I am so bummed by this maneuver. I told my DH that I wasn't that interested if I can't get my pep talk every week from Jimmy J. :cry: I can't wait to see the fall out from this one. So all the old guys are going to battle it out for homecoming queen... :lol: And the youngins will get their act together and cream them in competition... [​IMG] What morons!

22. twoplustwo

ITA! I do think that JJ didn't even try to sell himself. When he said, yes to being one of the weakest, he should have said I maybe one of the weakest physically but am one of the strongest in uniting and motivating the team. Strength comes in many forms.

I agree, I HATE nayonka (Or whatever he rname is).She is one angry person who just spews hate. She is nasty!

23. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Man, I was soooooooooo hoping Na was going to be gone last night! I HATE when nasty players stay in the game. I thought it was so ridiculous how she was all like, I know my students are watching and I don't want them to see me being a quitter, but I don't think I want to do this anymore.

:blink: :eek: :shok: :woah: So, you don't want them to see you as a quitter, but it's okay for them to see what a nasty, mean, ghetto talkin', verbal and physical abuser you are to a handicapped person who's trying to prove herself in the world? It terrifies me to think this woman is a gym teacher whose job requires teaching young people to work together as a team and to lift each other up, not slam them down. I wonder what her principal and co-workers think about her now? May sound mean, but I understand how she may have been "the reason" behind her divorce. Na needs to watch herself on this show and dig deep into her soul and figure some things out about herself BIG TIME. She's totally deluding herself to think she has a chance to win a million dollars. Bleh. She's just nasty. Sorry. JMHO.

Oh, and even though I wasn't totally diggin Tyrone last night, I think they were really dumb to get rid of him now and keep Dan. And now in the coming attractions, they show Dan ready to throw the towel in. Ya think? The man has a hard time sitting down and standing up. I'm really surprised they put someone in such poor physical condition into this game.

2 people like this.
  24. sulik110202

I agree that it wasn't the wisest decision(in terms of tribe strength) to get rid of Tyronne. He seems to do very well at the challenges and Dan looks like he is going to collapse doing anything physical.

25. double-or-nothing

Has he actually done anything "physical" ????

26. sulik110202

Walking too and from the challenges is as physical as he gets.

27. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

After a snooze of a season, things finally got a little more interesting last night with the double elimination tribal councils. Both decisions were odd - the one tribe getting rid of Yve over Dan was crazy. And I can not believe Marty doesn't play his hidden immunity idol and gets away with it. Why they decided to vote out the girl with the prosthetic leg is something that makes zero sense. But it did make the show more interesting at least.

28. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Okay, Dan should have gone ages ago. That team will continue to lose if they continue to think about "when we merge". They won't have any numbers to worry about at that point. I actually understand getting rid of Kelly B at that point. Marty is in an alliance of 2, to the much larger group. Kelly B may have actually swapped to Marty and pulled a friend or two along after she realized she was on the bottom of the totem pole. They still have a chance to flush out the idol as I doubt they will do the individual immunity again prior to the merge.

29. double-or-nothing

Wow, I actually found that episode to be extremely :lazy:

I mean, the double elimination was interesting but the challenge happened early on and then the rest of the show was all about who should be eliminated. there was no real drama until the tribal council.

okay, tribal council...marty=dumb ***. and i agree that i don't get people's logic about the big merge. it's not happening yet. not even close and they need strength if they want to win challenges. i feel terrible for kelly b. i feel like she never even had a real chance in this game and it kind of sickens me to be honest. the way she was treated by so many was awful.

oh there's so much more i want to say, but my girls are driving me coo coo, so looks like it's yet another fly by :)

Mel

30. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Um hello quitters!!! I totally thought they would at least change their mind. I think Jeff was pi$$ed. As was the jury. You are so close to 1 mill and you quit. IDIOTS and Nayonka is so selfish, not even a little selfish alot selfish. I find it funny that Dan is still there since he does nothing.

31. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I couldn't believe they quit either, Jeff was definitely mad. How many people would love to be in their place on that show and to just quit with only 11 days left? And I couldn't believe that Naonka didn't give up that reward since she was leaving anyway. After she didn't give up the reward she had no choice but to quit, she would have been gone anyway.

So since they quit they don't get to be on the tribal council, correct? This is the first time I've watched since the first season.

32. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Jeff said he was going to sit their torches there so everytime they came they could see they were quitters. I assume they will still be on the jury. I however do not feel they have any right to vote who deserves the money.

33. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I think Naonka knew that she had zero chance at winning even if she made the final three, so she figured she would just quit. This is par for the course for her personality that we have seen this season. Purple Kelly was a wimp that gave up because her friend got voted out. She annoyed me. I am surprised that they are letting them stay for the jury.

34. sulik110202

I don't think they should be on the jury either. I also think it would be interesting if they let the three other jury members compete in some sort of competition to come back to the game. I don't think it will happen, but it would make it interesting.

35. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Chiming in here...I agree, they should not be allowed to be on the jury. I really thought that they might let someone take their place from the jury (sort of a second chance). I was really upset by the whole thing. They both took two people's places that wanted to be on there.