Support Belt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sheila185, Sep 26, 2011.

1. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

Long story short...I am 19 wks with di/di twins and yesterday I started experiencing some pains. I called the dr this afternoon and she did a sonogram, urine test, etc....thankfully everything looked good. She suggested getting maternity spanx but when I stopped at Motherhood they only had hose, leggins, and a support belt. I know that the hose and leggins will be way too hot for me and the maternity belt look like a complicated piece of art. Any suggestions?

2. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

I got a maternity belt from Motherhood (can't remember the brand), as did another twin mom who was in my birthing class. Ours was this white, multiple piece, velcro contraption that went around our waist only. We were never sure it helped much, but we also worried what it would be like without it, and neither was willing to try. It was confusing at first, but you get the hang of it. Sitting in it was not the most comfortable because it had ribs.

3. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i had a complicated support belt, and it was kind of a pain to put on, but it helped quite a bit when i had pains! i should have worn it more often!

4. KeriU

KeriU Well-Known Member

I wore a maternity support belt that I got at motherhood. It was fairly easy to use and I could tell a huge difference when I didn't wear it, but I was on my feet a lot. I agree with PP, it wasn't the most comfortable thing to sit in, but I definitely needed it.