Super Yard VS Deluxe secure surround play yard

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by brooke78, Sep 18, 2007.

1. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

I purchased the superyard weeks ago> I haven't taken it or the extension out of the boxes yet.

I just got the One Step Ahead catolog and saw their TALLER--30" h version that includes an extension AND has push button gate! I never even thought of that. Looks similar in design to the s/yard. But the idea of stepping over all the times makes me wonder whether I should return the s/yard and get the other from ones step ahead.

Please, ladies let me know if you have tried the One step ahead one. Thanks, much.

2. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

I have the one from One step ahead and like it. It is nice to have the gate, although it is a little stubborn to open at times. I still end up stepping over it often, however. The way that I have it set up is not at a play yard, but as an extended gate that wraps around my couches at the opening of my family room. I really like the playyard because I can open the gate, fold back the panels and that opens up my entire living room again (looking almost normal).

Hope this helps!!

3. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

We have a superyard...its set up in the middle of the living room and they spend tons of time in there. I step over the top and its not too bad, yet. I thought about getting a yard with a gate but I don't like always having to fuss with a gate and also figured it would help keep me in shape if I was always climbing so we went with the superyard and haven't regretted it yet...we also have the etension so there is plenty of room. I'm really looking foward to the next time we rearrange the living room again and find new ways to use it!

4. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Are these things attached to the wall or floor? Can a baby/toddler push the sides? I'd like to get one too so I'm interested in this thread.

5. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

Mine are not attached to anything and yes it can move. The boys can move/push it, but cannot get out as long as the gate is closed. My boys are 10 months old and I haven't had any injuries/accidents yet. But I am not sure how long this will be able to contain them before they start to try to climb out...

6. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

Oh, my! I didn't think of climbing out! Do you think that the extra 4 inches in height plus the gate means I should get the one step ahead one. Has anyone ever traveled with the play yard?

Thanks, all.