Super Bowl 49

Discussion in 'General' started by cheezewhiz24, Feb 1, 2015.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you have a prediction? Big plans tonight?

We are going to a friend's house and bringing wings... Assuming Orion isn't too sick. He's at urgent care right now with a fever and probable secondary infection.

I'm picking the Seahawks, fwiw.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Patriots all the way! Man. WHAT A GAME!!! That was INTENSE!

We had one couple from our high school days over with their two kids. Their oldest will be 4 tomorrow and their son will be 2 in March. My SIL joined us at half time. So.much.food.

How did Orion make out?

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is Orion feeling?

I was rooting for the Seahawks but me and DH did not watch.  I think the Super Bowl is just too much with all the advertising, pre-game nonsense, half-time show and all that.  I'd rather just watch a straight up game. 
    I did however finish Peaky Blinders season 2 and now I'm sad because who knows when season 3 is coming around :(

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meh.  I didn't care about the teams playing, don't particularly like either team.  We thought the commercials were terrible though.  The kids all loved the Katy Perry/Missy Elliot/Lenny Kravitz show though.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I watched it online (no cable) so missed all the commercials.  I was hoping Seattle would win just because I don't like the Pats.  Although I found out today a player on the Pats graduated from my high school.  It was a fun game to watch though. 

I really enjoyed the Katy Perry show.  I know everyone is making fun of her over the top costumes and what not, but it was so HER, ya know?  That's the ways she does a show. 

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Orion is... I don't know. Urgent Care couldn't find anything, although they tested for flu & strep. He's home. With me. I have been home with sick kids for 2 weeks now & am getting a little tired of it.

Bex, the commercials were largely sappy or depressing. The only one I laughed at was for Ted.