Suddenly wetting her pants again

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Heathermomof5, May 17, 2012.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

About a month ago, Addison (5) came home from pre k in her spare clothes - She had wet her pants and had to be changed. I didn't think much of it. Fast forward to today. I had to check them out 30 minutes early because while running errands I discovered that one of my tires was VERY low I wanted to go ahead and get them so that I could take the car to the shop. Normally the school does not want me to go to the classroom to get them, they bring them to the front. Today when the receptionist called down to their classrooms Ms. Lisa asked her to have me come down to the class romm ( I did not know which class ms Lisa was an aide in So I went into Ava's first NOR did i know who Ms Lisa was) all of the kids were on the playground so the aide in Ava's room handed me her back pack - I looked over into Addisons classroom and saw Addison crying really bad. She was in her spare clothes and seriously upset. Apparently she had been crying all morning and had just wet her pants (Ms Lisa was putting her wet clothes in a bag and a lady was mopping the floor) I asked her why she was crying she gave me the same reason she had given Ms Lisa "I want my mommy" she continued to cry even as I held her. When we got home she told me that nothing hurts, she feels fine she just wanted me and Ava. I don't get why she would start wetting her pants - the crying has me worried too, she is the more confident and the happier of the two at school. She has made comments lately about her friend that will spend another year in pre k and not move on to K in the fall but has never really acted upset at home???

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I would have her checked for a UTI.

3 people like this.
  3. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Is she constipated? I only ask since one of my DD wets when she gets constipated--- her very full intestines push on her bladder and cause 'leaks' or full blown accidents. Pedi said it is actually a common reason (besides UTIs) for accidents.

1 person likes this.
  4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My younger boys occasionally have accidents due to constipation.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yes I'd check for both constipation and UTI. Jazz has a lot of pain when she gets constipated so that might be enough to upset her in to crying

1 person likes this.
  6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Rule our medical issues and then talk to her about how she feels about K. She may be nervous if her friend is not going. Try to spin it "When I was in K, I really liked learning the alphabet, I really hope your teacher next year teachers you the alphabet song" spin. Good luck, I know these things can be frustrating and worrisome.

1 person likes this.
  7. Heathermomof5

Same exact thing happened today....

8. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I went through this with Holly for a period of time. The first thing we discovered was that she had several UTI's. The second thing was that she seriously didn't know she had to go, in enough time. Because of the number of UTI's, family history, and a few other issues, we ended up at a pediatric urologist. She had a test done that showed she has a HUGE bladder and a malfunctioning sensor to tell her when its time to go.

So I would definately check for UTI's, Holly never really had pain or other symptoms with hers. However it does sound like it might be a bit more on the emotional side. Is there a counselor at the school who could talk to her and you??? That might be a good place to start.

9. Heathermomof5

She has an appointment tomorrow afternoon to check for UTI.. I talked to her teacher Friday, we kind of think it may be anxiety. The school she goes to has 3 and newly 4 yr olds who will not be going to K in the fall. One of her very best friends won't be going. Another thing, some of the kids that will go that Addison loves won't go to the same school, PLUS Addison LOVES LOVES LOVES her teacher and tells me that she doesn't want to get another teache. Poor girl has a lot going on for such a young little mind. She is a thinker.

10. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Oh Heather, anxiety can just throw off everything. It was the summer before kindergarten that we had all of those issues with Lennon. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  11. Heathermomof5

When her teacher mentioned anxiety I actually thought about you guys and all of the issues sweet Lennon had. It really has thrown everything off big time. She has said some sad things this weekend. She thinks that she will NEVER see her friend or Ms Rhonda EVER EVER again. It is almost like she is grieving. Poor girl!!! We bought them an above ground kid pool and set it up - she has been swimming most of the day today and seems happy thank goodness. I am wondering what tomorrow will bring.....