subchorionic hemorrhage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by 2rosebuds, Mar 5, 2008.

1. 2rosebuds

2rosebuds Well-Known Member

This is the reason I am bleeding. I have yet to see an OB but her nurse said it is about 4 centimeters. I have an u/s on Monday and see the OB on Wed.

I am worried/scared...should I be?

[SIZE=8Pt]*edited for spelling[/SIZE]

2. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

It's totally understandable to be worried. I had one of these when I was about 11 weeks with the girls. They are now 3! :D

Basically, my doctor described it to me as a little pocket of blood/fluid that had gotten trapped. I spotted on and off (brown to red...and back again) for several weeks, and then I passed a clot (sorry, tmi!) at 11 weeks and was sure I was miscarrying. Nope! After that, I didn't have any more spotting. From what I understand this has no affect on the baby, but I know how worrysome it is to have bleeding when you're pregnant.

Hang in there and keep us posted. :hug99:

3. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

Hi there, I had the same thing from my 5th week up until my 16th week...bleeding on and off and even had to have 4 bloodtransfusions at 15 weeks and 6 days....I know it is scary!!!

I delivered my guys at 33 weeks and 1 day in December...they are 11 weeks old today!!! so just relax, ( I know it is easier said than done) and put your faith to work!

God bless,

Missy

:love0028:

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I do'nt have any advice, but wish you the best of luck when you see your dr. for the u/s. Please keep us updated.

5. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

That was the reason for bleeding for all three of my pg (this one included)...I stopped bleeding with all of them at about 16 weeks..it is worrisome and even still, every time I pee, I look at the paper after I wipe (I know...TMI!!)...but here I am, 3 (soon to be four) babies later ...so try to hang in there and relax...hopefully it will stop on its own.

6. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I had a SC Hemmorage when I was 13 months preggo with the twins. I started bleeding ALOT and went to the ER...I thought I was losing my babies. When they did the u/s and told be it was a SCH and not a miscarriage, I was SOOOO relieved!! The OB in the ER said that the bleeding would stop within a couple weeks...which it did.

Basically, my doctor described it to me as a little pocket of blood/fluid that had gotten trapped. I spotted on and off (brown to red...and back again)......From what I understand this has no affect on the baby, but I know how worrysome it is to have bleeding when you're pregnant.

This is how it was for me too. And I was also told that it has no affect on the baby(s). As long as they can see that the baby is still fine and has a good heartbeat, I would not worry too much.

7. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I also had one during my 3rd pg with Julianna. I had three bleeding episodes, passing clots, cramping at 5weeks, 7 weeks and 11 weeks. I think at it's largest mine was something like 7cm by 5cm....it was bigger than the baby at 5weeks...At 11 weeks I had to go to L&D b/c I had gushed so much blood it was ridiculous...we're talking gushing through 4 pads in 1.5 hours. And I mean my jeans were just soaked in blood. At that time, they could see the bleeding was coming from behind the placenta. it can be very scary, emotionally up and down... but most of the sch cases I've run across have turned out just fine. There is a yahoo group out there on SCH. And if you join it you'll see the vast majority of the cases turn out just fine. But it is nerve wracking when everytime you have bleeding you are worried that maybe you've lost the baby. Amazingly Julianna hung in there even through 3 days of horrible labor. During the very last minute or two of delivery her placenta started to detach prematurely so I bled a little extra during delivery. But she came out healthy and fine. My best piece of advice is to take it easy. I really wasn't on modified bedrest until after that 11 week episode. But once I went on modified bedrest (tried to lie down as much as possible...only do light chores like washing countertops and easy cooking... no vacuuming, no laundry, no heavy lifting) then I had a chance to heal and the bleeding never came back. So I would encourage you to take it easy as much as possible to give your placenta/uterus a chance to rest and heal and get stronger.

8. 2rosebuds

HUGE THANKS TO ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE...I FEEL BETTER ABOUT IT NOW!!!!!!!! :D

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2rosebuds @ Mar 7 2008, 10:56 AM) [snapback]657582[/snapback]
    HUGE THANKS TO ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE...I FEEL BETTER ABOUT IT NOW!!!!!!!! :D

:hug99: Good to hear! Thanks for the little update!

10. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I had it with my twins from about week 6 (I had a major bleed and that is how and when we found out it was twins) and then I spotted at about week 9 and 12 and then never again. I dont know if you did IVF or not, but it is apparently more common with twins and IVF from what I have read.

11. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I dont know if you did IVF or not, but it is apparently more common with twins and IVF from what I have read.

I guess I am a rarity...I didn't have IVF. I was told that it is nmore common with twins than singletons though...

12. 2rosebuds

I didn't do IVF, in fact baby #3 is a SURPRISE...but a good one. I was told there is only one baby....I made them check and then check again :)

1 person likes this.