STTN question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, May 19, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

When your babies started to STTN, did they start being consistent right away or did they STTN here and there for a while before it became consistent?

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

For about a month or so before they started STTN, Emma would wake up once a night, but Lauren would sometimes sleep through. We did CIO for Emma at 4.5 months and after 10 days of that, she slept through anywhere between 10.5-12 hours. For about the first month, there were several whimpers here and there, but nothing ever lasted more than 5 minutes (yes, we did time it).

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We did CIO a month ago-to go to sleep-and to STTN. The first night-they cried 45 minutes-and woke in the middle of the night crying. They haven't since. They will wake up, RARELY-cry/fuss- for a minute-and back to sleep. It's amazing! And heavenly!

I'm still working on trying to go to bed when they do. No such luck! :p

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

For mine it was consistent but I did not do CIO and they did not STTN until they were 9 months old.

5. vivalalexa

vivalalexa Well-Known Member

The DAY that the babies started eating solids (a veggie and fruit at night around 6pm-7pm). I gave them a bath, fed them a bottle, and they were both were asleep by 9pm until 8am.
    It has been two weeks and they have slept through the night every single night.

I never tried CIO it with my little ones. I knew they would do it when they were ready and they did! :)

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

My wee-ones started doing it pretty early on & they must have enjoyed all the sleep, cause they never looked back since then!
    One still has a problem with falling asleep right away, but once she does they are both down for the count - YAY!
    I wouldnt CIO if they were fussing though, I think they are still too young for it.
    If they were to fuss after a few hours of being asleep a couple ounces would lull them back to sleep I think ~

7. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

No. We're not doing CIO. They just STTN on ther own last night and I was wondering if it isn't a fluke if might happen every night right away or be hit and miss for a while.

8. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Mine STTN a few times before they got really consistent with it. It was a little hit or miss for a week or two.