Stroller suggestions?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kcarta67, Jan 6, 2008.

1. kcarta67

kcarta67 Member

I am looking for a good twin stroller to get. I have a double snap n go to use while they are still in infant carriers. I need something for when they are a little bigger. I think I want a tandem because most use will be in stores and I think a side by side might be difficult to maneuver through the stores. From what I have seen, the graco quattro tour duo seems like my best option. It folds pretty small for a double stroller but I am concerned that it is so heavy. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

I have the Graco Quattro Tour Dou and I really like how it folds down pretty compact for a double stroller. It is also nice because it holds the boys carseats and now they can sit in it independently. The only thing I hate about is that it is pretty heavy, I'm not gonna lie. I did read that before I bought it, and i thought how heavy can it be. It is pretty heavy. I am kind of a small person though and I am loading it into an SUV. I can do it, but I don't like to.

3. jessapendry

jessapendry Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idtwinstx @ Jan 6 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]560071[/snapback]
    I have the Graco Quattro Tour Dou and I really like how it folds down pretty compact for a double stroller. It is also nice because it holds the boys carseats and now they can sit in it independently. The only thing I hate about is that it is pretty heavy, I'm not gonna lie. I did read that before I bought it, and i thought how heavy can it be. It is pretty heavy. I am kind of a small person though and I am loading it into an SUV. I can do it, but I don't like to.

I love my Peg Perego double! It is super light & moves so easy! The seats lay completely down for when they fall asleep or etc... The compartment on the bottom is nice. The only negatives I think are the sun shades. THEY SUCK! They really do not protect the girls what so ever. I'm looking for a shade extender that someone told me about. Other than that, LOVE IT!!!! By the way, I got mine on Ebay. It was new in box & half the price!

4. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

i just bought the Chicco twin and really like it... I had the Combi and was not happy with it, it folded great but the shades and make were not that grat to me... My Chicco is side by side and working well so far...

5. MichTrif

MichTrif Member

Ah, the dreaded stroller dilemma! We had the same issue. I went back and forth between the Combi and the Peg Perego. I couldn't decide. We finally went with this:
    Countours Options Tandem

We LOVE it - and we're so glad we went with it!

6. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I also have the Coutours Options Tandem. I got it at Walmart for $200. It is great so far. I like the variations you can do in what direction to face. Also I love the basket under the stroller that is huge. I go grocery shopping and can put $100 of stuff in the basket.

7. pdaddyx2

pdaddyx2 New Member

Is this stroller able to accomidate 2 car seats or just 1??????

In the demo online, i only see them adding 1 car seat closest to the parent. Otherwise it looks like a great stroller.

8. coveytwins

coveytwins Well-Known Member

Mine is Kolcraft contours. Not too expensive but still a Cadillac of a stroller. Cop holders. babies can face both forward, both towards mommy or face each other. It folds easy and accommodated them as preemies and will keep accommodating for a long while. My dad bought it and I am in love. For those of us on a limited income I recommend this. Plus it simply rocks.

9. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(pdaddyx2 @ Jan 26 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]590926[/snapback]
    Is this stroller able to accomidate 2 car seats or just 1??????

In the demo online, i only see them adding 1 car seat closest to the parent. Otherwise it looks like a great stroller.

You can buy an adapter to put on the front seat to take an infant seat in both the fron & back. Although personally, if you are going to be using the stroller to carry your infant seats get the snap-n-go... they are so light and easy! Once your babies grow out of the infant seats sell the snap-n-go and get a bigger stroller. At least at that point you will have a better idea of what you like, want and need in a stroller. The snap-n-go is about 80.00 at walmart and you can get them used (like I did) for about 40.00!