Stretch Marks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lilo1225, Aug 28, 2009.

1. lilo1225

lilo1225 Member

If you have gotten them already what week did you get them?? I started getting some at like 20 weeks eventhough i rub anything and everything on my tummy and all over. I am prone to stretch marks soo i wasn't surprised but i just wanted to know since our skin is gonna stretch more and stuff it's probablly a given that we are going to get something... i just thought 20 weeks was too early.

Not that i am complaining about them.. i mean i just feel blessed that my pg has been going soo well and as long as my twinkies are happy and healthy babies the rest is not something i worry too too much about.. just wanted to see what is your story on that :D

thanks!

2. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

Its funny you started this thread because I have seen the same question asked when I was very early on & now that im toward the end of the pregnancy, I was wondering the same question of other moms. Im 32 weeks and havent gotten any yet but I know its still very possible.

3. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

Mine just appeared at 28 weeks.

4. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

I am 33 weeks and haven't gotten any yet. I didn't get any stretch marks with my daughter so maybe just maybe I am lucky this time around, too.

5. KimmiLynn4

KimmiLynn4 Well-Known Member

I started to get mine around 20 weeks. They have only gotten more numerous as the weeks have gone by.

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to get away with none during my pregnancy, but mine made their appearance around 30 weeks :nea: Oh well!!
    Glad that otherwise your pregnancy has been good though!! :woo:

7. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

I didn't get any with my first daugther, and thought I'd be home free, but alas...that's not the case. They just started to appear at 37 weeks...their faint, but there. Thank goodness my c-section is scheduled for next week...hopefully I won't get too many more...but oh well.

8. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

I didn't get any with my first child either, and really thought I was skating through this twin pregnancy stretch mark free. However, having gone all the way to 38 weeks, I got some. I didn't have the obvious stretch mark while pregnant. It wasn't until after I delivered, that I saw some light ones in a circle around my belly button.

9. rainbabies09

rainbabies09 Member

mine came around 34 weeks, but i never measured too far ahead. they have actually already faded some one week post delivery (at 37 weeks)

10. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Haven't got any new ones only the faded ones I had from my son, which appeared suddenly in week 38. :nea:

11. lorileahb

lorileahb Well-Known Member

I'm a fairly small frame person and started getting them in the late 20 weeks even though I didn't have any with my first son. I had pretty severe ones - even above my belly button by the time I delivered (measuring 46 weeks I think). They feel much better now (almost 2 weeks after delivery) and are losing their red color, but about the only place I don't have them is my belly button and right around there. Blech! Another joy of twin pregnancy... at least the outcome is twice the blessing.

12. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I'm 28 weeks into my first pergnancy and no stretch marks have appeared yet. I have some from just growing up around my hips, so I figure I will probably get marks at some point. I've been lubing up with coco butter every morning and bio oil before bed. Figuring it can't hurt :)

I'm wondering about the belly button popping out??? Mine hasn't yet, its pretty flat though.

13. sparkle77

sparkle77 Well-Known Member

Mine JUST appeared in the past week or so. Sooo annoyed. Right now they are faint and just around my belly button but I'm kicking the bio oil rub downs into overdrive!!!

14. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I saw them around 31 weeks...sadly, DH informed me they had already been there for a couple weeks, I just hadn't seen them :rotflmbo: (I was on hospital bed rest).