Stretch marks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kerala, Jul 3, 2009.

1. kerala

kerala Active Member

Well the topic says it all... I woke up in the night with the feeling that the skin on my belly was ripping. When I looked I could see the start of stretch marks. sigh. There's no reason for this post except that I'm beyond disappointed. I'm only 33w5d, so what the heck will my belly look like after another month. How long will I have this ripping feeling? I think this is kind of like the "last straw" and I'm feeling pretty blue. :(

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Momma! I consider my stretch marks to be a badge of honor of sorts. At first I was really dissapointed about them, but now that I have two wonderful girls to show for them, I wouldn't want it any other way. Now almost 2 years later, you can hardly even see my stretch marks at all. They have mostly faded away. I used Mustela stretch mark cream that I got at BRU and it seemed to help them fade a lot quicker. :hug:

3. nikio95

nikio95 Active Member

Don't fret - we all get them. I, too, use Mustela stretch mark creme. I used it with my DD and got very very few stretch marks. I have gotten one or two marks early this time...but the creme I think at least helps in keeping the skin on my belly moisturized. Maybe that will at least help with the painful stretching you are feeling.

4. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

Mine were never really painful...just really itchy! I know you are disappointed but they are a sign your babies are growing big and strong! Like the pp said, they will fade with time. ;)

5. KimmiLynn4

KimmiLynn4 Well-Known Member

I didn't really have any stretch marks until I was put on bedrest. Now I have a lot, and they are painful. I find that keeping them moisturized with lotion seems to help them hurt less.

6. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I can TOTALLY relate.. everyday I find new ones and my belly feels like it's ripping :( I hate to say that the last week has been the WORST! The good news is that last ones that I noticed w my previous pregnancies went away on their own, so I'm hoping these ones will too.

7. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I didn't get mine until the last week :grr: . Although now I honestly could care les.. Yay for growing big babies. :banana:

8. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

Your kidding right? I've had these since 26 weeks.They are horrible huge jagged lines all over my belly-I don't like them but I'm proud of them and know it is a small price to pay for these miracles!

9. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Hej my sister is a skin expert and she told me to stay super hydrated and that would help with my strech marks when I was pregnant with my son. In short I followed her advice and the two small that started on either side of my belly button stopped in there tracks and I didn't get any more. Of course it must be more trying with twins, so we will see, I'm only at week 20 now. Oh I also used condensed aloe vera oil on my stomach after showering, and tried not to shower every day, since water and soap are really hard on the skin and dry it out. Hope that some of these tips help, and good luck.

10. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I agree all you can do is keep the skin moisturized and hope for the best. I've been using palmers cocobutter in the morning and bio-oil in the evenings before bed. I think alot has to do with genetics and your skin type. Hopefully the worst will fade away over time.

11. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I've heard genetics has a lot to do with it. Creams (especially with Vitamin E) will help the skin repair itself quicker. I got horrible stretch marks on my thighs when I hit puberty (knee length shorts for 2 years!) so I'm not really looking forward to baby stretch marks (sigh :bubble: ). Good thing I never expose my belly in public anyway (too fat :p )

12. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

When I say hydrated I started drinking at least 3l of fluids a day, of course it was a pain to run to the toliet all the time, but it did prevent my strech marks. I use to have a glass of water with a splash of orange or apple juice in it, wh,ich helps the body hydrate itself more effectively - an old flight attendent trick =)

13. kerala

kerala Active Member

Thanks for the support - I didn't think I would get them b/c my mom and siters didn't get any... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to it...

14. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Mine came overnight at 34 weeks. they are very itchy and sometimes sting. I use Tummy Honey butter and lotion on mine.