Stretch marks - Have you ever gotten rid of stretch marks (from the pregnancy)

Discussion in 'General' started by w101ttd, Aug 16, 2012.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! Have you ever gotten rid of stretch marks (from the pregnancy)? I have so many of them in my belly. I heard that there's Noway we could get rid of them unless we have surgery. Is there any product that helps together rig of/ at least makes them less visible? Tia!

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was lucky enough that I didn't get any stretch marks from the pregnancy - I am not sure if it's pure luck or genetics - I am a twin and my mom doesn't have stretch marks on her stomach either. However, while I was pregnant I used this body oil on my stomach. It's supposed to help prevent stretch marks and fade them. I had some stretch marks on my butt - sorry if this is TMI, I got those while I was a teenager. While I was using this oil on my stomach I was using it on my stretch marks also and I must admit they faded a lot - to the point that I need to look for them. Also, I had a laparoscopic gall bladder surgery when I was 26 so I had old scars from that on my stomach and those scars faded a lot with this lotion also. I was using it in the morning and in the evening for the last 4-5 months of the pregnancy. On those days that I felt my stomach was going to burst for sure but I was only 7 months pregnant, I would use this oil and 10 minutes later my skin felt soft again. It was a pain, because it's messy but I think it worked for me, so I would recommend it. There are other similar products out there. I doubt any of them would make stretch marks dissapear completely, but this one certainley helped me with fading. You have to be patient to see results and stick with it for 6 months or so. I read almond oil it's supposed to help with stretch marks, and this product has almond oil.

Have a nice day,

Monica

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nice oil Monica. :diablo:

4. w101ttd

Lol I saw the OIL as well. I even thought the link somewhere on the page hehe

5. w101ttd

Just wanted to let you know.. I read about BIO OiL from some forums. And I searched for it on amazon. It has many good reviews. So I decided to try. It's wonderful. Seriously, after 2 times, my belly looks and feels better for real. I couldn't believe it... It's sold at Walmart, target, Walgreen as well. It costs 10 bucks for a 2 oz bottle. However, it's on sale on amazon (4 bucks). I can't believe something cheap and works!!! I hope my info can help some moms have stretch marks like me :)

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the positive review, I've been thinking of trying it. I also saw it at Costco last time I was there.

7. Madelyn Rodriguez

Madelyn Rodriguez New Member

Bio oil worked for me.