stretch mark question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sarahfineran, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sarahfineran

sarahfineran Member

How do you tell the difference between old strech marks and new ones. I have some old ones from my first pregnancy but they are faded. I have no new purple marks or anything but I don't remember if the original ones were dark at first or not...

Also do you know before that babies are born if you have "twinskin" or is that a nice postpartum surprise??

33 weeks pregnant with 2 precious boys

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nolatwins @ Jun 30 2009, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1375638[/snapback]
    Also do you know before that babies are born if you have "twinskin" or is that a nice postpartum surprise??

I dont' think you can tell before they are born, it all depends on how your skin responds afterwards, I'm guessing. :pardon: No idea, but I know it was a lovely parting gift they left for me. <_< I don't like it but it's worth it.

No advice on the stretchmarks. :hug:

3. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I didn't know I had either, and I have both lol.

4. semolina

semolina Member

33 weeks here and I *think* I have a new stretch mark ... it's raised like a new scar, but doesn't seem to be vivid purple (yet?). We'll see. When I got my various other stretmarks in puberty though, I remember them being bright purple when they first arrived and ITCHY. This new skin thing may or may not be a stretchmark ... it's on the underside of my bump and I haven't been able to contort myself to have a proper look at it. :D

5. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Dumb question coming at you ...... what is twin skin?!

6. sarahfineran

sarahfineran Member

I didn't know what twinskin was either till I read on here. :huh: It's where you skin gets all stretched out and droopy under your bellybutton. Hopefully the twinskin fairy will skip my stomach and everyone else's expecting on here

7. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nolatwins @ Jun 30 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1375968[/snapback]
    I didn't know what twinskin was either till I read on here. :huh: It's where you skin gets all stretched out and droopy under your bellybutton. Hopefully the twinskin fairy will skip my stomach and everyone else's expecting on here

OHHHH!!!!! Now, can't you get this with a singleton pregnancy as well? A friend of mine has something like what you are describing.

8. sparkle77

sparkle77 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nolatwins @ Jun 30 2009, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1375968[/snapback]

And if the twinskin fairy does visit, then the tummy tuck fairy can drop by later!!! :banana:

9. sarahfineran

sarahfineran Member

QUOTE(sparkle77 @ Jun 30 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1375985[/snapback]
    And if the twinskin fairy does visit, then the tummy tuck fairy can drop by later!!! :banana:

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

10. MomofOneplusTwins

MomofOneplusTwins Well-Known Member

I was very lucky with my son and didn't have any sagging or stretch marks. He was 9.6 and 22 inches. So....what are the chances I will get just as lucky this time around? Is each pregnancy different in this sense or do you get them or not?

So far I dont see anything at 30 weeks.

I will totally be friends with the fairy when I am done with children. I also think that a couple other things will need touched up by that point!