Straw-based sippy cups that don't break open when dropped

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by rebekahj, Mar 27, 2010.

1. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

Anyone have suggestions of a straw-based sippy cup that doesn't come apart when dropped, which they do a lot? My boys don't like anything with a valve, just a straw. I have the take-n-toss cups and the i play ones but the lids of both of those come off when they hit the floor. The i play ones also leak. I need ones that don't leak (except out the straw, that's reasonable) and don't always dump open all over the kitchen floor. Any ideas?

2. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

We only do straws as well and I love the Munchkin ones. These are my favorite and you can buy a two-pack for $5.74 at Wal-Mart. These are also good, but harder to clean. Both only leak out of the straw, but if I remember to unscrew the top and relieve pressure every so often, leaks are minimal.

1 person likes this.
  3. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I have no suggestions sorry! This drives me crazy! I hope you get some good suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I second the munchkin straw sippies. My boys abuse those cups with biting and pulling on the straws and toss the cups while they are full. You might get one or two drops out of the straw if any milk is sitting in the straws or they really shake the heck out of them, but they really do keep up with the torture they've been put through. Plus, they aren't expensive so if one straw top does happen to leak, you don't have to sell and arm and a leg to get a new cup.

1 person likes this.
  5. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

We also use the first one and don't have too many issues. My one son on occasion will push in the top and then tip it over. If you push hard enough, it will fall through. I also had the second one and do agree they are a pain to clean and that's why we no longer use them.

1 person likes this.
  6. RisaAnn

RisaAnn Member

we use the nubby flip n sips. they've been great. drip occassionally from the straw but no where else. If you relive the pressure by unsrewing them and letting the air out.

1 person likes this.
  7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also recommend the Munchkin straw cups...my kids love them and if they drop them or throw them, they do not bust open. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  8. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I've ordered some Munchkin straw sippies. :)

9. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I bought two platex straw cups like these ones
    http://www.playtexstore.com/cgi-bin/item/PLA05855
    My boys haven't had any problems with them at all, they get tossed all over, don't leak because they have a valve and I can close the straws when they are not in use.

1 person likes this.
  10. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Insulated-Twist-Click-Straw/dp/B001R1I44U
    we have these and they're amazing!!
    I have others as well but I really like that they taper at the bottom rather than getting wider because they can drink more of the liquid that way since they don't always hold the cups straight.

1 person likes this.
  11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have playtex cups from when my first son was 1 yr old, so they are 7 yrs old, and they are still in fantastic shape! You may pay a bit more for playtex but I promise they will stand up!

You can also buy replacement straws and lids for fairly cheap if necessary, the only problems I've had is my dd chewed most of the straws off really short, so before I use them for the twins I need to buy replacement straw tops!

1 person likes this.
  12. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

Mine use the Rubbermaid juice box. No valve and it doesn't leak.