stomach gurgles or baby movements?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by paperclippy, Apr 9, 2013.

1. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

So I'm 28 weeks now, and my uterus is starting to shove my stomach out of the way. The past couple days I've been getting these weird sensations right at the top where my stomach is and I'm not sure if they're some kind of baby movement or if my stomach is just making weird bubbly gurgles because it's being squished. It feels kind of like gas bubbles moving around, and sometimes is audible. Anyone else have this?

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Have you felt the babies otherwise? Totally could be either.

I STILL think gas bubbles are a baby and it's been three years. ;)

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I had it too. It freaked me out a little at first because of the sound it made. I never could get a straight answer on what it was. I attributed it to gas/shifting organs though. Perhaps the babies moving contributedd to it as well but I always felt like it was higher up than they were lying.

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Haha! Steph I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does that! I went off my BC after Marshall got cleared from his vasectomy and my period has been all over the place so I'm late and I start feeling those bubbles and totally think one jumped the fence and I got pregnant again! Lol

Anyway, as Steph said it could be one or the other, although I do think the baby movement makes the gas inside you move more/differently.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Add me to the scary bubbles group!

I bet you it's a baby or two in your case, paperclippy.

6. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I'm thinking maybe it's gas bubbles that are being triggered by the babies pushing on my stomach. The baby movements I feel in general are never audible, which is what made me think this was gas or something instead (it makes gurgling noises sometimes). I wish I knew what those babies are doing in there -- they seem to like to sit around in big hard lumps most of the day, then like three times a day they'll have a party where they kick and punch me all over the place and then end up as big hard lumps in a slightly different spot. I'm starting to get tender spots on my belly in the places they like to sit the most, I assume from them shoving my muscles so hard. The "joys" of pregnancy I guess!

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My DDs are 7 and I still think that sometimes. :ibiggrin:

Honestly, I had so much gas in early pregnancy that I was probably feeling the babies move for months before I realized that's what I was feeling. I just assumed it was gas, until they started really walloping me.