Stocking Stuffers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kyrstyn, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

What is everyone doing for Stocking Stuffers?? I went to TRU today and didn't really see anything that excited me, so I would love to hear your ideas. :)

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good question! The only thing I have right now are tooth brushes! Maybe some goldfish, other small type snacks. I hope other people have more than I have to offer! LOL!

3. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Character socks ( like disney princesses), play jewelry ( dollar stores are a wealth for these), hair ribbons, ponytail holders, barrettes, gloves ( depending on your climate), chapstick,,bubbles, tiny board books that some stores carry( I have found them online and at the dollar stors), bubble bath, little cars ( I have seen some really cute sets from the movie Cars), any number of healthy snacks ( gold fish, fruit roll ups, gerber puffs, flashlights, character bath mitts, bath toys

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I got toothbrushes, toothpaste, tights, socks, little note pads and pens, gummies, chocolate santa, playdoh, my little pony for Emilie, Buzz lightyear figure for Trevor, water bottles for each of them, chapstick, bubble gum

5. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I found these cute wooden egg shakers at Homegoods -- got some for both K&K. I'll probably also do fruit snacks (Annie's makes bunny fruit snacks that are relatively natural!), and maybe some chocolate, which they almost never have.

I was thinking a battery toothbrush for each, too, probably Dora and Handy Manny, if I can find it.

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

socks, underwear (mine are PT'ed and outgrowing the 2T underwear from the initial shot when they were 2) a leotard and tights for Abby, lounge pants and t-shirts for Ian, coloring books and hair bands for Abby also...

7. denzel

denzel Well-Known Member

Mine are each getting one of the small my little ponies, a train engine, undies, a Chirp magazine, stickers, tights, and a few goodies from nana & papa.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My two are getting a play kitchen so I have play utensils - wooden spoons, spatulas, whisks for their stocking. also Target had these small playdough kits with cutter things on clearance for $1.36, plastic dinosaurs (because you know dinosaurs are SO cool), a few pieces of candy and each a stuffed grizzly bear because even though dinosaurs are cool, they are scary and you can't sleep with scary but bears are sweet and you can sleep with bears :laughing:

9. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Nana and papa do the stockings. My sister is still in high school so we stay the night christmas night

10. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

For both . . . new undies, water bottles, pencils, notepads, fruit snacks

DD is also getting a few accessories for a dollhouse she will receive the weekend before at my dad's.

DS is getting a few trucks.

11. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

We do stockings the morning of December 6th for our St Nick tradition (from what I've gathered, it appears to be a midwest, mainly WI, tradition).

Each of my boys got:

A coloring book
    A sticker book
    An ornament
    A hand puppet that sings
    A Cars gummy treat
    A M&M stick with a electric fan (this was a HUGE hit)
    A small Christmas Mickey Mouse that sings a Christmas carol

I got all my stuff at Walgreens, but today at Target, I saw a bunch of little stocking stuffer type stuff right in the front by their dollar section (which also had stuff). Wish I had thought to look there, but oh well!

Mine also don't get chocolate or gummies much at all & actually haven't eaten their stuff from their stockings yet!

12. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Great question and tips!

The only things I have gotten for their stockings so far is coloring books and large crayons. I usually get a small toy and then some snacks too.

We let them get into their stockings (them = all our kids) if they are up before everyone else and have to wait on the presents. So I try to make it a bit entertaining for them.

13. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Sadly, I've had an easier time with stocking stuffers than "real" presents!

The dollar bins at Target have been wonderful this year. They have TONS of Cars movie and Cinderella (princess) things. I got pencils, note pads, socks, stickers, etc.

I was a Party America yesterday and they had Tinkerbell and Cars kaleidescopes for 99 cents! My kids will go nuts for that.

I think I'll get some lip balm to top things off. They love to play with lip balm.

14. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Band-aids!

15. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We always do toothbrushes. I have bought a few things from the dollar bin at Target: princess little notebooks, princess necklace. I'll probably put some tootsie rolls and stickers in their stocking too.

ETA: I have some Cars socks to put in there too. Yes, my DD's are into Cars and Princess. The Target bin is a goldmine for both.

16. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So far I've gotten some crayons and washable markers. For Rea I also got some baby bottles for her babydoll. Thinking about some diapers. For J I got a few cars and a few Elmo books. I also got Rea a few books. Oh, and playdoh for both of them.

They have rather small stockings so I don't know how many stocking stuffers will actually be in their stocking. LOL

17. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

My twins' are 3 yrs old.

My daughter, Rianna is into Disney character with Tinkerbell with--
    Toothbrush/toothpaste
    Hair barretts / hair clips
    Mini Stickers for car traveling
    Chapstick
    Christmas Tinkerbell ornament from Disney store
    Tinkerbell Gummies
    At Target I saw Tinkerbell Window Sticker that was $1.99 by Disney Characters ornament aisle (We have a Jack & Jill bathroom--she'll put it on her side of the mirror)
    Tinkerbell DVD (the 2nd one)

~~~~~

My son, Justin is not into Disney character yet but I have done 'Cars" collection with--
    Toothbrush/toothpaste
    Mini stickers for car traveling
    Christmas Car ornament from Disney store
    Car gummies
    At Target I saw Cars Window Sticker that was $1.99 by Disney Characters ornament aisle (We have a Jack & Jill bathroom--He'll put it on his side of the mirror)
    Cars collection from Disney store

They sell those No-Mess Coloring w/water at Disney store that are mini pad.

18. ohtwinmom

ohtwinmom Well-Known Member

MICHAEL'S!! I have to bold it because I was there 2 days ago and they had a whole aisle of crafty stuff and stationary for kids for $1-$2. I stocked up for our upcoming long plane ride in Jan. in addition to Stockings. I also hit up the dollar store and Target $1 bin throughout the year. I usually put a movie, some matchbox cars, toothbrushes, one candy, a healthy treat (They love Clif Kids Fruit rope) and other miscellaneous small stuff (jumprope, kaleidescope, stickers, etc.)

19. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Fingernail polish, stick on earrings, play bracelets, rings, and necklaces, stickers, hair accessories...and Hershey's Kisses (something my mom always put in our stocking).

20. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Tooth brush
    tooth paste
    body wash
    shampoo
    Magic wash cloths
    hot wheels cars
    Slap stick
    bubble bath

I think I have some more stuff in there but I cant remember what at the moment.