Stimulation and entertainment

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by csteen, Nov 27, 2010.

1. csteen

csteen Active Member

Hi everyone

I am just wondering what other mum's have done with their little ones at 5 weeks! I feel like I'm always neglecting one when I have the other in my arms when they are both awake. That or they are both in the bouncer and I am reading to them, but then I feel bad they are in the bouncers and not in my arms.

Thanks!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

at 5 weeks old, the entire world & every sensation they feel is stimulation and entertainment! it's all brand new to them. if anything, i would err more on the side of not stimulating & entertaining them, so as not to wear them out/wind them up.

as for only holding one at a time, that's just the reality of twins, it's not something to feel bad about. you are obviously doing the best that you can and no one can ask for anything more. just take turns as you're able or find ways to hold them both - knowing they're loved & cherished is the most important thing and it sounds like you're doing just that. :good:

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well said and I could not agree more:)

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Oh I remember at that age, they slept ate pooped all day. They were barely awake.but I took turn held them kissed them even when they're asleep.so they knew they're safe and loved. There is not muvh for entertainment. Oh you should start talking to them during diaper change feeding, bathing