Started rice cereal today

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Well, I really didn't think they were ready for solids, but the doctor at our NICU follow up appointment (who specializes in nutrition) said to give it a try and see how they do.I was surprised. They did really well, I think. Most of it got inside them and there wasn't even a big mess. Here are a couple of pictures.

The first picture is before we started. Apparently they were so hungry they were trying to eat their bibs. :lol:

Ready for rice cereal
    Annelise
    Karina

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Beth*J @ Jun 29 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]852168[/snapback]
    Well, I really didn't think they were ready for solids, but the doctor at our NICU follow up appointment (who specializes in nutrition) said to give it a try and see how they do.I was surprised. They did really well, I think. Most of it got inside them and there wasn't even a big mess. Here are a couple of pictures.

The first picture is before we started. Apparently they were so hungry they were trying to eat their bibs. :lol:

Ready for rice cereal
    Annelise
    Karina

Awesome! Feeding them is so much fun! When we added fruits and veggies to our babies diet, we were surprised where we found the food! Enjoy it!

3. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

Congrats on a successful day of starting solids. That is wonderful that they liked it.

4. snowmom

snowmom Well-Known Member

I"ve also tried my little ones with the rice cereal. DD loves it, ate 1/4 cup of rice cereal this afternoon. DS isn't really interested in it yet. I've also tried them with sweet potatoes, which DD loves as well. DS again, not so much. Great pics!

5. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

How exciting! I am going to have to be brave enough to give it a try before too much longer. You give me hope that it won't be too bad. :) I am looking forward to the new experience, but dreading the mess. Also a little worried that it will take forever - I already feel like we spend half our day feeding the babies. But I am sure they will enjoy a little variety - that formula must be getting old by now.

6. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Yay! Looks like they enjoyed it

April :)
    [/SIZE]

ETA: grammar

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

So cute!!! Yum Yum!