Stain remover

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by maurahursh, Jul 31, 2008.

1. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

I have eaters, sort of, and we are working our way through the orange foods. A little goes in their mouth, the rest gets in their hair, ears, back (don't ask) and all over their clothes. I have the plastic bibs and it seems to help but how do I get the carrot stain out of their clothes? What stain removes do you use?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I use Baby Oxy, both the spray and the powder soak stuff and it seems to work really well. Usually whenever they are eating anything I find to be super messy I strip them down to their diapers.

3. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

I use Spray and Wash, maximum stain relief formula. It does well, and even can get stains that were dried in the first time.

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

We have Spray and Wash stain stick. Works like a charm ;) .

5. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

I keep a bucket full of baby oxyclean soak water in mmy laundry room sink. Anytime I have clothes with poo leaks or food messes, it goes into the bucket as soon as possible. Then, the bucket gets dumped in with a load of baby/kid clothes at the end of the day (most days, I do a load of kid laundry). I haven't had a permanent stain yet!

6. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(3greysandamutt @ Jul 31 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]907406[/snapback]
    I keep a bucket full of baby oxyclean soak water in mmy laundry room sink. Anytime I have clothes with poo leaks or food messes, it goes into the bucket as soon as possible. Then, the bucket gets dumped in with a load of baby/kid clothes at the end of the day (most days, I do a load of kid laundry). I haven't had a permanent stain yet!

This is a great idea! I am going to start doing this.

7. maurahursh

Thanks for the great suggestions! I don't spend a lot on their clothes, but at the same time I don't want to keep replacing them because they have stains.

8. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2pugmom @ Jul 31 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]907264[/snapback]
    I have eaters, sort of, and we are working our way through the orange foods. A little goes in their mouth, the rest gets in their hair, ears, back (don't ask) and all over their clothes. I have the plastic bibs and it seems to help but how do I get the carrot stain out of their clothes? What stain removes do you use?

I usually use Zout, and for tough stains I've had luck with soaking things in baby oxy or oxy free.

9. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Ditto pps...oxy clean in my house. I usually strip down for meals, but when things get stained (and as they get older...it's usually dirt and stuff), I soak with oxy clean and it's great. If it's a dried on stain(like from daycare) then I use the Spray and Wash stain stick when we get home, and then use the oxy clean when I do a load of laundry.

10. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

my friend told me she'd never had a baby stain that pine sol couldn't cure. And it worked for me too! After Oxy-clean, shout, spray and wash, etc. had all failed, the pine sol did the trick!

However, I've learned my lesson. I feed them in nothing but diapers.

11. maurahursh

QUOTE(ladybenz @ Aug 1 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]908348[/snapback]
    my friend told me she'd never had a baby stain that pine sol couldn't cure. And it worked for me too! After Oxy-clean, shout, spray and wash, etc. had all failed, the pine sol did the trick!

However, I've learned my lesson. I feed them in nothing but diapers.

I will have to try that!