Stain Remover!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Holly Wiebe, May 1, 2007.

1. Holly Wiebe

Holly Wiebe Well-Known Member

OK, I have spent probably $100 on various stain removers since the boys were born. Some worked OK, but none worked that well. Then one day my boys had fries and their shirts were full of grease. I threw them in the wash with some stain remover and it never came out. I really liked the shirts and was mad. I washed them again. Grease still didn't come out. Then I searched grease remover on the net and it said to try dish soap. So I ran the grease stained areas under hot water, put a dab of dish soap on it, rubbed it together and left it until the next wash day. The stains came out. Then I dug out some older nice shirts that had formula stains on. Ran the stain under hot water, put a dab of dish soap on, rubbed it together and threw it in the wash pile. The formula stains came out! It took out grass stains too. I know I'm not the smartest person, but did you guys know this and I just missed the post!!?????

Holly

2. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I had no idea that that would work. thanks for the tip.

I have been using Spray n Wash Stain Stick on everything almost since birth. It has taken out formula, greese and the little bits of vasaline I sometimes get on their clothes.

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I didn't know that! Thanks a bunch, I love little hints like this. Well, that's actually a BIG hint since it got out so many stains!

4. BoysInTheHouse

BoysInTheHouse Well-Known Member

I knew dish soap was good on some stains but haven't really used it much. And, I thought once clothes were washed and dried, the stains wouldn't come out no matter what. I think that'll be my stain remover of choice now. Thanks for the info!

5. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I always use Zout with the Oxy foaming action....LOVE that stuff...works better than the other stain removers I've tried.

The dish soap thing is a good trick...thanks!!!

Another MUST HAVE when it comes to stains is Hydrogen Peroxide literally lifts blood (wet or dry) out of clothing. Morgan got a bloody nose all over my shirt and herself one day. I was wearing a good shirt too. So, I searched and found the HP takes it out. It literally foams the stain up and lifts it off the shirt. I was AMAZED!!! I still wear that shirt!

6. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definately be giving the dish soap a try.

7. Mistyled

Mistyled Active Member

Funny you should mention that. I just learned about the dish soap thing last week after a tube of cherry Chapstick went through our dryer. It took out about a hundred different little red Chapstick spots, even on white shirts.

8. tulip1981

tulip1981 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to try that.

We usually use Oxyclean spray as well as the powder stuff in the machine

9. traceyru

traceyru Well-Known Member

i will definetly try that..when we get grease stains we put baby powder or any kind of powder and it lifts the stain right off the shirt, then just put in the wash..and my sister just started us on the tide to go stick it works great but BE VERY CAREFUL i put in on the boys brand new white shirts and it left a bigger yellow is stain, i was so P***, but it did ALL come out in the wash...

THANKS AGAIN!!!

10. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I never knew that. But I swear by Baby OxyClean in the spray bottle. I think I have gotten almost every stain out with that stuff!!