Sports bra recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by jjzollman, Jun 5, 2012.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

36 DD and I really need sports bra recommendations. I would love something that takes away as much "bouncing" as possible! LOL Especially now that I am slowly working running into my routine, I ran track and cross country in high school...but back then a simple Hanes sports bra was sufficient, now....not so much.

Any rec's from the large boobs crowd? Thanks!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a 34 dd and I just picked up a 2 pack at tjmaxx for $12.99 in size large. They work for me. I had some before that the bra was coming up as I was running. Whoops!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a 38DD, I like the champion ones from Target. I do have to pick up some more, some of mine are really old!

4. jjzollman

Oops, I just realized I typed 36 instead of 38. Meant to write 38 DD.

Thanks forge tips, will head to Target.

Anyone else have one they love?

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LUY01Y/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000LUUCZ2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1S1Q104M35XS67P5DZS8

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I'm a 38 DD and I love, love, love my Under Armour sports bra. It was pricey (around $50), but it has been worth every penny; you won't move in that sucker at all and I have run 1/2 marathons in it. I also love my sports bra that I got from Kohls as well. I can't remember who makes it, but it was about half the price of the Under Armour (around $25) and it has held up well. I can tell you after trying several different types, you get what you pay for. If you look at it in the store and the material is flimsy and you're first thought is that it doesn't look like it's gonna hold, it won't and don't waste your money. If you plan on working out a lot, spend the extra cash on a good one. I have never found a bra that has held me like the Under Armour.

Here's a link to it Under Armour

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am a 40 D and I like the Champion ones at Target. I did find that the Cami style is more comfortable and doesn't ride up. C9 Cami bra

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also like the Champion brand at Target...but I am a 36 C and am just now to the point where I can run in only 1 and feel comfortable. Any bigger than this and I was wearing 2 of them in order to minimize the bouncing. I have a really good Nike and Under Armor bra that are the only ones I could wear alone when I was bigger.

9. jjzollman

Thanks Rachel. I am going to check this out, it sounds perfect! I hate the bouncing!

10. jjzollman

Thanks everyone! Seems to be a consensus about Champion and Under Armour! I know what direction to head in now. :)

11. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

i checked out all those sites but i only see bras that aren't adjustable (at least, that's how they look from here online). in my experience, those lose their elasticity after a while if they can't be adjusted..... i love my champions, but haven't found them recently in 38DD. i prefer 40's, in fact.... any other suggestions? thanks, ladies!

:), jl

12. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I wear champion, but make sure you get the right style. It needs to have a back closure like a regular bra, and molded cups, which helps with the bouncing and uniboob.

I've also heard Enell is good, but those are big bucks, and I haven't been willing to fork over that kind of money.

13. sullivanre

I have this one http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/bestselling-bras/champion-powersleek-sports-bra

I wore it while nursing and I was in the 38dd-38ddd range at the time. Honestly, I like to wear a fitted ank top over it for even more support, but it is about the best you can do at that size.

14. sullivanre

Use this tool on their site. http://www.championusa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/hanesa_SportsBraFinder_11651_-1_11501?

15. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The under armour I have had for over a year and it is just as tight as it was was when I bought it. The other one that I couldn't figure out was a champion as well...got it at Kohls...and although not quite what the under armour is, it has held up very well and I've worn it in a triathlon with swimming and the whole bit.

16. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I really like this sports bra by I've had a few of the Oving Comfort bras and they all are good. I'm a 36C and I used to wear 2 sports bras to work out in until I found these. You will be locked and loaded with virtually no bouncing. Oh, and no uniboob. God I hate that.

17. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Enell is supposed to be great for ladies with bigger chests!

18. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

heather, i can't resist pink--so i just ordered that one! i also have a champion on the way. i used to love theirs, but lately i only could find the 'x back' ones, which make NO sense in a sports bra. i just found one online so i ordreed that, as well...... thanks so much for the suggestions, ladies!
    [​IMG], jl