Spinoff of Disneyworld Stroller Question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by siobhan, Apr 15, 2008.

1. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

I am going in Oct with 21 month old twins so should I take 2 single strollers OR a Double we are staying in the Contemporary Hotel the Monarail runs right through it , we are also travelling with another family so I am stuck on what type of a stroller to bring...can anyone help me??? thanks

2. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

Both times, we rented one of their doubles, and that's what I'd do again.

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First time we went I had two single umbrella strollers conntected by clips if i need. It was a pain. Very hard to move, plus if the girls wanted to walk, it was hard to push the strollers and hold their hands.
    Next two times we went, I used the combi sbs. I felt it was much easier. I hung a diaper bag on the bag of the stroller and left it when parked the stroller.
    Just so you know Disney just raised the price of a double stroller rental to $31 a day, it is slight less if you do a length of stay (i think $27)

4. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

We rented a double (length of stay) last time we went and it worked out great for us. :)

5. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I just took my SBS to Disneyland and it was a pain in the butt!!!! There were lots of people and no one would get out of my way. Its just like stores.. Its hard to get into some places.. GL!

6. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

31.00 thats crazy!!!

7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Holdentwins @ Apr 16 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]724143[/snapback]
    31.00 thats crazy!!!

Yep. You would read the treads about it on the Disney boards. I was thinking of renting when we go in December, but now either my girls will walk or I will bring the combi. I wish the MBUD was not a pain to fold.

8. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's not a very family friendly price!

If you have a tandem double stroller, I would take that. If you have a side-by-side, I would take two umbrella strollers. SBSs can be difficult enough going through a store or down the sidewalk, I can't imagine all the trouble you'd have with the crowds at Disney World. We're going to Disneyland in May and will be taking our tandem and an umbrella stroller for the 3 kids. I don't want the 4 year olds tiring out with all the walking we're going to be doing everyday.