Spinoff from question in FY forum about twin skin

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Stellaluna, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

I was reading the post in the FY forum from the woman wanting
    to know what "twin skin" was.......the majority of the women
    who responded have it, and also stated they were proud of it.

My question is this; for those that are comfortable (AND even those
    that are NOT comfortable) with their post twin pregnancy body,
    how does your DH/SO feel about the way you look now?

I will start this off by saying I am not comfortable
    with how my body looks now, and neither is my DH.

And I wonder if I am the only one.......?

2. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

My DH doesnt mind. I plan on getting a tummy tuck, but he doesnt care either way. In a way, he is proud of it.. does that make sense? He just wants me to be healthy and happy...m y twin skin doesnt effect my health, I just dont like it! LOL! I am proud of it though. You can be both!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Same here as Heather said, I do plan on getting a tummy tuck at one point in life. :pardon: I don't feel comfortable with it because it makes my clothes look weird. :wacko: But there are worse things in life, so I try not to dwell on it too much. My dh really doesn't mind my body at all. He said he would support me getting a tummy tuck because I would feel better about myself, but he would rather I not go under the knife for cosmetic reasons. Oh well. Plus, I think he knows better then to say anything to me if he did mind my twinskin. :girl_devil: ;)

4. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

He doesn't care.

5. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

My hubby acts like he has no idea I have it. Whenever I talk about not liking my tummy he acts all surprised "what's wrong with it?!" I'm on to him, but I kind of like it :D

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I responded in the FY post and posted a pic so the OP could see what people are talking about.

I am in NO WAY, PROUD of it! Ugh, it is gross and I hate it. I would get it cut off if I could afford to do so.

It doesn't seem to bother dh in the least though. At least he has never said anything about it and when I talk about hating it he never agrees with me. He just says, look what we have because of it. (That doesn't make it look anybetter or make my clothes feel more comfortable in my opinion.)

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

My hubby doesn't care. As for me, I really don't care either until I try to put on a bathing suit! :laughing: That skin may not be so beautiful, but the 5 kids that caused it certainly are!

8. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

My dh calls my twinskin the babies house. He doesn't mind it and looks at it as a badge of courage. I wish I were so confident... I feel like an old lady, I'm too young to look this way :cray: I'm looking to see if my ob will cut some of it off at delievery with this baby.

9. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I have twin skin and as I continue to lose weight, the twin skin gets yuckier. I am very uncomfortable with it and when I try to cover myself in front of dh, he gets a little upset and says, "Stop it. You're beautiful." It makes me feel so good for him to say that but I'm still really self conscious about it. So no, he doesn't mind but eventually I will have the surgery to correct it and I know he will think I look much better then and more importantly so will I.

10. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Have it. Hate it, but that is life. DH doesn't care and would never say anything even if it did bother him.

11. CapeBretoner_123

CapeBretoner_123 Well-Known Member

He loves me for me not the body I have before or after pregnancy. If a guy made comment about it I'd slap him..and tell him out right...do you love me for me or a piece of skin?
    Some people can be vain, but others are just wanting to get back in pre-pregnancy shape. But no man should ever comment.

12. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

I don't have twinskin too badly (it's only loose if I bend over), but I have SEVERE stretch marks from my pubic bone to 3" above my belly button and from hip to hip.

My bikini days are numbered....a tummy tuck would be pointless b/c #1, I have nothing to 'tuck', and #2, a tummy tuck doesn't fix stretch marks (there would still be a lot remaining where the skin wasn't removed).

[SIZE=14pt]DH affectionately refers to them as my 'shark bites'[/SIZE] (it looks like I've been mauled by a tiger/shark). I try not to be vain about it, but I had a sexy tummy before. DH is more sad about the toll breastfeeding took on my body.

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not comfortable with how my body looks. I guess in a way I am proud of it, the way I might be proud of a scar that I got while winning a knife fight :lol: , but I'd certainly rather have the old version.

I haven't asked DH straight out what he thinks. Of course he would never volunteer that he's not crazy about it, but I wouldn't blame him if he preferred the old version too. I'm self-conscious around him in a way I never was before -- I don't even like having him see me naked. :huh:

14. mpleonard

mpleonard Member

I can't stand my twin skin!! I don't know what DH thinks - we never talk about it. I love the reason I have it but I'm sooooo self-conscious. I don't like the way clothes look on me at all. I've never been a slim woman but I could dress in a way that really flattered my plus-size figure before my pregnancy. Now clothes look terrible on me. I also don't like feeling that extra skin flapping around my belly.

15. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My DH doesn't really care he thinks I look great. I don't really have it that much though only if I bend over or sit it's like a roll but I am more PO'd because I can't wear a bikini ever again and my bellybutton looks weird, I just would not be comfortable in one again. My cousin's wife had twins also and she is the same build as me and her belly went back but the difference is I had them vaginal and she had a C-Section.

I always wondered if a C-section pulls the skin tighter, for instance if I pull my skin a little tight toward my pelvic area it goes away, so if I would of had a C-section there would be minor difference in pre preggo and after.... Anyway, I was just wondering if it's true or not??

16. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

My dh gets mad at me when I put myself down about my tummy. He says he never knew I was so vain. I always had a "paunch", but it was cute. Not hanging like it is now. I'm not a person who thinks skinny is sexier, but this is just skin, skin, skin.....It's not curvy, it's flappy.

But ya' know what.....I'm over it. Whatever. It is what it is. I not only wish I had my old stomach back, I wish my feet were smaller (they grew over a size when i was pregnant and never went back), I wish my legs were longer, I wish my hair wasn't so unccoperative sometimes. But I have healthy babies and a sweet husband and maybe one day, if the money is in the right order, I can secretly go and get it cut off.

BUt honestly I probably never will. There's more things to be happy about and my stupid stomach isn't going to get in the way of it.

17. Dani J.

Dani J. Well-Known Member

To answer your csection question...no it doesn't help LOL. I have lots of fabulous twin skin w/ TONS of stretch marks that unfortunately go well above my belly button. I plan on having a tummy tuck once I lose all the weight I want to.

Dh doesn't care. We've known eachother since we were 13 and obviously, my body is not the same, but he loves it anyway. Thank goodness!

18. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

DH doesn't care but he knows it bothers me. I live in a VERY flat tummy neighborhood. I usually don't care but we do have a wonderful pool across the street and it would be nice to use it without my skin and bump (muscle seperation) showing. DH has said I could get a tummy tuck if I want. But I am going to wait a little longer because the boys are so young.
    Cari

19. EmmaKay

EmmaKay Well-Known Member

My hubby doesn't care. As for me, I really don't care either until I try to put on a bathing suit!

What Becky said--I miss my bikini, but that's about it. Hah--DH just asked me what was on the boards today and I told him. He said I should tell the truth--he has no idea what twinskin I'm referring to. :p

20. li li

li li Well-Known Member

OK if you could all please package up your DH's and send them to me... or maybe just their attitudes.

My twinskin is really not bad at all, I'm not even sure there'd be enough for a tummy tuck. But I do have muscle separation / hernia which makes my stomach much less flat than it was before. I also have a few stretchmarks. Overall I think I got off fairly lightly. I live in a beach resort and I'd love for it all to be gone. But I've never had much body confidence anyway.

DH has said that he finds it hard to find me attractive now. Which oddly makes me fight harder to find myself attractive. Sod him! There's a wonderful site called shape of a mother which I use for inspiration every now and again.

21. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I hate my skin, but hate even more that I lost my baby weight and am slowly gaining it back. I don't know if my DH dislikes the skin or the extra fat that's slowly growing behind it. It's a topic of conversation that is on the "avoid" list. I'm guessing he's not too thrilled since his affection has been less. I'm very jealous of those wonderful hubbies you all have!

22. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

I had a c-section, and have a TON of twin skin left behind! I always thought if I had had them vaginally my belly would have shrunk faster, cuz I would have been able to start working out sooner.....

I don't have the stretch marks, just the really loose, flabby skin that looks OHHH so attractive wobbling around. For me the worst is when I try to run and can FEEL it flappin around. I'm not vain, well maybe I am but I just don't like feeling out of shape, which is what my twin skin makes me feel like. I was a very fit person (not skinny by any means, just fit and in shape and tight skin everywhere) prior to pregnancy and would like to be there again. Flappy skin doesn't feel very 'fit' in my opinion.

DH doesn't care, or so he says. He still says I'm sexxy, even though I don't think I am. I plan on having a tummy tuck AND a boob lift, after this next one is born. I always planned a tummy tuck since I was preggo with the girls, but thought I'd wait until after we were done having kids.

23. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

QUOTE(li li @ Feb 6 2008, 08:25 AM) [snapback]607986[/snapback]
    DH has said that he finds it hard to find me attractive now. Which oddly makes me fight harder to find myself attractive.

That has been my issue too......

And the rest of you are fortunate to have such accepting DH's,
    finding yourself sexy is hard when your partner doesn't think you are.

24. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

I hate my twin skin. As I lose weight it looks even worse. But the truth of the matter is it's there and not going away (I'm not fond of knives and surgery :D ). I've come to accept it and DH loves me just the same if not more. It doesn't bother him in the least and he's always telling me I'm hot.