Spin-off, When is your last day of school?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by rissakaye, May 10, 2010.

1. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I noticed in the thread about summer break activities, it seemed like there was a huge range of dates. Our last day is May 27. Though our summer won't really start until sometime after June 8. I get my wisdom teeth out on that day, so the kids are staying grandma for a few days. Once I'm feeling better, we'll be doing more.

Marissa

2. BRMommy

BRMommy Well-Known Member

Wow, that's so early. My kids don't get out of school until June 23. I wonder if we get more school days overall. The school year usually goes from the day after Labor Day until late June. Winter break is about 2 weeks, spring break is one week, and we get a week off in February for President's week.

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Ours is May 28th, but we have one day of Saturday school for May 22nd, this is to keep the students from having to come back for 1 day after the long Memorial Weekend. We start the first week of August and always usually get out before May is over. Our normal last day is around the 18th of May, but because of snow and this year flooding, we always have to go a few extra days.

4. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

Ours is out on June 3, ridicuoulus if you ask me, given the 31st is a holiday.

5. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

May 24. They'll go back around Aug 10. I hate our school year. It's stupid and has them in school when it's ridiculously hot out in August.

6. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We get out June 18, and that is because of snow days, but we don't get a week in Feb. My niece graduates on the 25th of June.

7. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

Our last day is May 21st. We usually start the 2nd week of August.

8. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

We also get out May 21st. The last day is a 1/2 day. We go back the middle of August.

9. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Our preschool gets out May 26th, the school district gets out June 4th. We start Kinder on August 23rd.

10. JenJefLog

JenJefLog Well-Known Member

My daughters were supposed to get out June 25th, but they've taken a week off the end of the school year because of the budget crisis here and they'll now be getting out June 18th. They were supposed to go back September 7th, but that's also been adjusted because of the budget and now are going back September 13th. They get 3 weeks off at the holidays. My son is in a charter high school and their schedule is totally different and hasn't been affected by the budget problems, so he gets out June 4th and goes back August 18th.

11. latb611

latb611 Well-Known Member

Ours is out on May 28 and they start back up the third week of August.

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My 3rd grader gets out June 11, it was supposed to be June 10, but we are making up one snow day from our 2 back to back blizzards. She will start school again on Aug. 23.

13. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

The school year is totally different here. They always break up late July (23rd this year) and go back at the beginning of September (2nd this year).

14. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

School ends for my girls on June 23th. They are in pre-K. The rest of the school finishes on June 24th. We go back in September after labor day.

15. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our preschool finishes June 3rd. The public schools end closer to June 21st. They will go back after Labor Day.

16. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Our preschool ends on June 2 and Kindergarten starts September 8.

17. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I believe the last day is June 11th. Classes start here the Tues. after labor day usually.

18. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Last day was suppose to be June 4th. Our district had 11 SNOW DAYS off in Jan/Feb. It was crazy winter!! The snowiest EVER around here. Everything & everyone was paralyzed. Somehow, they don't have to make up all the days, so the last day is June 10th. The school year always begins in late August(right before labor day) here in the north.

19. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

June 3 for my first grader. She started Sept. 8.

This Thursday for my 4yo preschooler and next Thursday for my 3yo preschooler.

20. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

The Pre-K kids get out June 16th, rest of the school kids June 17th.

We go back the Monday after Labor day in Sept.

I wish we started earlier!

21. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Our last day is June 25 & we start the beginning of Sept.

22. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

My kid's last day is June 16th. We start the Tuesday after Labor day usually.

I think mid to early Aug start dates are awful. It's just too hot for the kids to concentrate. Do the schools that start that early have AC?

23. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

Oh heck yeah!

Honestly, the start date doesn't bug me too much. It's too hot to do anything outside, so either they set home in the AC, or they go to school in the AC. By that late in the summer, I'm usually burned out on swimming everday. Since our summer's are so miserably hot, it's nice to get out in May, when you can at least spend mornings at the zoo or park, before it gets too hot.

24. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

We get out June 16th and will start on August 31st.

25. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

The boys get out June 24. They started the last week of August.

26. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All schools around her have AC. Do schools by you not? :unsure:

27. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

finish tuesday June 29th (seems funny not to finish on a friday), go back after the long weekend in September so on the tuesday again prob 7/8th something like that

28. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

The school district we live in starts in mid August and ends in mid June... But they get two weeks for spring break, three weeks for Christmas, and a week at Thanksgiving.

Now, I homeschool, so we do school and take vacation whenever we want. :D

29. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Oops! I meant June 4!

30. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

Our last day is June 8. We had so many snow days. We were supposed to get out June 1. I didn't realize that until this thread came up. Why would they have those kids go to 1 day of school after a holiday? Next fall we start Aug 23 and get out May 27 unless there are snow days to make up.

31. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

Our last day is June 23rd. It was extended an entire week to make up for the snow days. They also took away two teacher planning days during the last couple of months to make up missed days. We start again on August 30th.

32. Dani Boyle

Dani Boyle Well-Known Member

Our last day is June 18th and they go back on August 30th.

33. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

Our last day is May 20 (tomorrow!:)). The 1st day back is Aug. 8.

34. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

We get out on June 8 and return mid August. I teach at the school my girls attend and the teachers finish on June9 and return on August 9.

35. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow!