Spin off "kid leash" post

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MusicalAli, Nov 19, 2006.

1. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to get these but my boys still are not steady on their feet. They fall all the time still. I'm afraid that the harness would make that even worse because once they got to the end of the leash they would just fall. Did anyone have success in kids who are not very steady on their feet?

2. MusicalAli

I'm wanting to get these but my boys still are not steady on their feet. They fall all the time still. I'm afraid that the harness would make that even worse because once they got to the end of the leash they would just fall. Did anyone have success in kids who are not very steady on their feet?

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Its weird .. my boys didnt walk until almost 16 months but once they did .. they rarely fell ! I've even had the therapist comment on how well they walked. So I dont have any answers, but I think by using the harnesses they will be able to walk more and maybe with practice they will be more steady on their feet. Its worth a shot [​IMG]

4. MusicalAli

So I bought and tried them. HUGE FAILURE. lol. They really don't walk well enough yet. The PT is recommending orthotics. Ugh. She said eventually they will learn to walk better but it will also be funny looking walking. Great. Like they don't get stared at enough because they are twins. So, on the leashes they fell constantly and ALWAYS went in opposite directions. They are hanging up in the closet for days when both DH and I are around.

5. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

My guys are runners, and obviously ver steady on their feet. We tried using the leashes on vacation at 20 months. The guys would pull on them to hard though or turn around and run, and then they would fall down because they got tangled up. If you'res aren't steady on their feet, I would stay away from the leashes.