Spent the night in L/D last night....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ittybittyme, Dec 19, 2007.

1. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

We got home after dinner and I was having really bad cramping and spotting...which freaked me out because I never had that with the girls and with my m/c I didn't spot, just had the cramping. I thought for sure I was having a m/c or this baby was going to be stillborn cause it was on/off like a contraction. I was monitored and thankfully nothing showed up over-night and our Hannah (we decided on the name last night just incase) was kicking and moving around like crazy. They did an u/s, still one baby...I said over and over we just had a scan done that day a 3D one and nothing else showed up other than our 1 baby. Made me nervous there.

So after a night in the hospital and a day and night from my girls, I was happy to released. So I guess it was something that I ate last night that caused this, not sure what caused this little bit of spotting. I might have been seeing things, HAH! But better safe than sorry; because that same kind of pain with my twins landed me on home bedrest at 19 weeks and here I am 21 weeks fearing the same thing is going to be going on.

Thought I update. DH and I are working on wrapping our gifts. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get our girls to sleep and I am exhausted from that.

Our name decided on is Hannah Ruth....Ruth being after my DH's grandma and Hannah is after my sister's first daughter that was stillborn at 40 weeks from a knot in the cord. We haven't told anyone this...but my sister has said over and over that anyone could use Hannah again...and this baby will know the special people she is named after. ;)

2. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Sorry about the scare...that's no fun. I hope that you are doing better now. Beautiful name you have picked ot for your little girl too!

3. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I've been there many times...I've had various bleeding scares in all my pgs. not fun. hope it never happens again for you. beautiful name.

4. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Wish you the best, I am sorry you had to go through that...I had bleeding and pre-term labor with both of my pg, and some bleeding with this one too...I'll keep you in my thoughts, take care of yourself!

PS...love the name..it means "gift of God or graceful one" (we considered it last time) She'll be blessed!

5. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Here's wishing you a very uneventful rest of your pregnancy. That's a wonderful choice for her name!

6. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I am glad everything is ok. I love the name.. hannah is actually a name we have considered too.

7. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

I'm so glad everything turned out okay and you are back home. I too hope that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!!

Must be nice to have a name. I am way too close personally to still not have names...

8. KaseyS2104

KaseyS2104 Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything turned out okay for you... I didn't realize how common bleeding during pregnancy really is until after reading this post!

I love the name you have chosen and for such beautiful reasons.

9. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

Thanks everyone!

I thought the other night I was going to spend my 25th birthday in the hospital, but I got to spend it at home with my girls, DH, and family. :D Can't ask for anything more.