Spent most the night in ER

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by VivGuest, Sep 7, 2008.

1. VivGuest

VivGuest Well-Known Member

We just had an adventure last night! My mom's been visiting for about a week now, she came up early. She wasn't going to come until the twins are born. So she's been helping with the cooking and the baby proofing. Well last night after dinner she started say how her back hurt and went to lay down. Well the pain just got worse and started spreading. We finally talked her into go to the ER, where we found out it was her gallbladder. It was all a complete shock, she hasn't been to a doc in like 20 years, and I've never seen her in so much pain! They went ahead and removed her gallbladder this afternoon and she's doing great now. :banana:

It was so weird being in the hospital and not have it be because of the pregnancy. (I'm there twice a week for NSTs. I'm kind of use to being the center of attention while I'm there!) After they would make sure my mom was doing ok for the time being, they'd turn and ask how I was doing. But even after having to follow them as they wheeled my mom to different sections of the hospital for tests, (which did a number on my cervix, I'm sure. I was very sore) it wasn't enough to send me into labor! I must have the most stubborn set of twins! They just won't budge! It was also weird when I had to call people to let them know, like my dad. "We're on our way to the ER.... It's not me, it's mom!"

At any rate, it was really fortunate that she came up early. She lives in a tiny little town that doesn't have a very reliable hospital, and there's no telling what would have happened had this happened there instead of here. All in all it was quite the adventure and it looks like she came up for me to take care of her instead of the other way around!

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

oh my goodness. Well lets hope ur little ones hang on a little longer so ur mom will be recovered enough to help you.
    Glad it all turned out ok.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Im glad she is doing OK!!

4. monaraj

monaraj Well-Known Member

OMG..........I hope she recovers soon and is well enough to help you once the little ones make a grand entrance

5. NicoleJ

NicoleJ Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Glad she's doing ok. Hope she's better in time for those babies!

6. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Glad she is feeling better :)