spent christmas day in L&D

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommylaura, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

I woke up early Christmas morning with nausea and vomitting - still not sure what caused it. I suffered through opening gifts and then went to bed. By 1pm I knew I had to go to the hospital. DH and I felt really bad because we had to call a babysitter to come help take care of DS, and we had to leave while he was in the middle of a nap. By the time I got to the hospital, I was contracting every 2-3 minutes! It felt like I was in labor - VERY painful. It took 3 bags of IV fluid, 2 doses of IV anti-nausea meds, and a shot of tributilene (sp?) but they got the contractions to slow down to about every 10 minutes. I couldn't believe it when they told us they were discharging us around 6pm - I was still vomitting and still contracting. But it was definitely the right thing to do - by midnight I was snug in my own bed with no more contractions or vomitting. We all know how bad dehydration is for you during pregnancy, but I just couldn't believe how quickly it happened! I really thought we were having Christmas babies! Anyway, I haven't had a contraction since, and am still completely closed and long, so I guess I'll be sticking it out for a few more weeks :) Merry Christmas!

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

So glad you are feeling better & at home :hug:
    Hope you can get lots of rest & keep those little ones in for awhile longer! :good:

3. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you ended up snug in your bed. Hang in there, it's only a few more weeks and then you'll meet those precious babies [​IMG][​IMG]!!

4. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

Oh girl, I FEEL your pain! I'm so glad you're OK, but that still stinks!!! I spent the evening before Christmas Eve in L&D and yesterday night there as well. Same thing (without the nausea/vomiting) LOTS of contrax (every 2-3 minutes), no cervical change (thank goodness I'm only 22.5 weeks) and sent home. The first trip they put me on procardia and sent me home with a daily dose, then yesterday they discovered I have a UTI and hoping this is the culprit for my contrax...I'm not so sure b/c I've had this issue with my ds. Hoping we ALL keep these babies cooking until they are due!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad you got checked out and things are better now. :good: