Something wrong with me or am I ridiculous?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MrsWright, Nov 12, 2009.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you other Mommies every cry just holding your babies? From the 1st time I got to hold them up to this very day I will have moments where I just start crying bc I can't believe they are my babies and how beautiful and perfect they are. I think I'm nuts. In the beginning I thought I had what I called "post partum sappyness" bc the most simple things would make me cry (flowers on Mothers Day bc I'm a Mom) but even now...I just went in and was rocking JT (I sneak in after bedtime and rock them, its the only way I get a cuddle anymore!) and I start crying! Now I know pregnancy hormones dont help, but seriously....tell me I'm not alone that 1 year later I'm still so emotional and overwhelmed that these babies are mine and no one is going to take them from me!

2 people like this.
  2. becky5

becky5 Guest

You aren't alone! It's the quiet(or semi-quiet :crazy: ) times when it really hits me. Being a mom is an amazing experience. Just wait until they are really talking, and out of the blue you hear "I love you mommy". "Mommy, I love you too." Melt....

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You are definitely not alone. I still get tears in my eyes sometimes just watching them sleep, or when they give me kisses or hugs, or when they are talking to each other & being so sweet, or, like Becky said, when they say "I love you Mommy." :wub:

4. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I am joining the "sappy" crew here...lol I think we all get those episodes of crying of joy. When we realize deep down how lucky we are to be mothers. No, you are not ridiculous.

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Heck...I teared up in the car driving the kids to school this morning because the boys were singing and playing air guitar to a song and I thought...gosh what a wonderful life I have and wow how big are my boys. So, if you're not "normal," then I should have sought treatment long ago...ha!

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I teared up reading this! I am so much in love with my boys that it feels like my heart will explode some days. I always sneak in when they are sleeping and give them a kiss and watch in awe of their sweetness. I forget all the temper tantrums of the day!

7. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Yup, another sap here. Some nights, I do the night feed and just sit and watch them sleep. I truly feel blessed and cannot believe how lucky I am.

8. ourtwopeas

ourtwopeas Well-Known Member

Add me to the list! They are only 5 months and I cry also when I think about when they were first born and look at photos. I think I am crazy to be nostalgic already. I LOOVE when they are sleeping in my arms- that can make me cry. Last night Nikola was back to sleeping with me again, and I must admit I totally relished cuddling with him even if I didn't sleep so great (not that I do anyway). I was just staring at his sweet face. I also can't believe how amazingly lucky we are to have such wonderful beautiful babies. I have always been a crybaby- but this is most definitely the best reason I have ever had for it!

9. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I think you all sound like WONDERFUL mommies!!!!! Honestly I think you are abnormal if you don't get sappy at times with your children! I love it when my heart feels so full it could explode! There is no other feeling in the world than the love for your children. I think you all sound perfectly normal to me- Great Job Mommies!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. tfrost

tfrost Well-Known Member

Nope, nothing wrong with you and definitely nothing ridiculous about that at all. I know I would cry anyway if my babies had been born at full-term with no time in the hospital, etc., but I hold now thinking back on holding them when there legs would fit into my husband's wedding band. They were once these tiny fragile little things that are now these thriving monkeys growing like weeds. I look at their chubby little thighs now and think back on all of the tubes and wires and how their life seems to hang by a thread sometimes in the NICU. I cry, and I cry hard when I think back and when I think of how well they are doing now. I can't believe that God picked me to the their mom. All of the tears I shed during the 2 long years we tried and tried to have a baby, and I felt like my lot in life was never to be blessed with children. Then these two laughing, smiling little miracles came into our life. No, I don't thing your weird at all for breaking down sometimes. I can't honestly see how someone can hold their two little babies and not cry with joy sometimes. :hug: Big hugs to you! All parents are blessed with their children, but I think parents of twins, triplets, etc. are blessed in so many extra special ways!!!

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my 2nd favorite phrase (aside from I love you mommy)....."mommy I want to snuggle you"

12. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I have shed lots of happy, sentimental tears over my three boys - and I know my mom has over my brother and I (and continues to do so!) - I think it just goes with being a mom!! :wub:

13. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me too!
    I taught my babies how to sign " I love you" and my favorite times are when they sign that to me and when they come over out of the blue and pucker up for a big kiss! :wub:

14. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me as well!!! And I agree a PP, that makes you all sound like WONDERFUL mommies! I think taking a moment to revel in the fact that you are a mommy, just goes to show how much you deserve your LO's. :) Children, while challenging at times, are the most wonderful blessings you could ever have in your life! Babies can also sense more then we realize so no matter how many times you say "I love you" its more about what they FEEL from you and it sounds to me like your babies are feeling a lot of love!

15. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

You are definitely NOT alone!! :) I get tears a lot when I hold them, think of them, etc... Just how amazing it that after SO many years of trying to have a baby we have two beautiful babies and another one on the way. I just think the whole thing is a miracle and the pregnancy hormones do NOT help!! ;) I also must say that now they are older and things are "easier" in some ways it is nice to look back on things or just take a step back and go - WOW I made these little critters and I am so lucky!

16. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

:wub: bless you, i am much the same! Especially when rocking to sleep, snuggles and when they conquer a new milestone - makes my heartmelt!!! All our babies have come such along way, i reckon the emotion we feel will last us a lifetime.

17. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Definitely NOT alone! I cry all the time! I cried when we sang happy birthday on their birthday! Those moments just get me and I think that's what makes us great moms!!

18. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

I totally cry at all sorts of things. AND get teary eyed....like I did just reading your post! I don't think I have been the same since my daughter was born three years ago!