Solve my bathtub dilema

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MarchI, Dec 30, 2009.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

H&J have grown out of the infant tub but cannot sit up. I looked into all the options and I ended up buying the $4.99 bath sponge and we lay their heads on it (it is about 3-4 inches thick). They can then splash their arms and legs in the water. I just wanted to mention how I cheaply solved this (I really considered the bath rings but the price was too much) in case anyone is in this dilemma.

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:good: We did the same thing too! Once the twins could sit a bit better I tried bathing them in the kitchen sink. That last about 3 times, until Liam discovered splashing. My entire kitchen was SOAKED! We went back to the big tub then! :lol:

3. ptyflack1

ptyflack1 Well-Known Member

I have the inflatable baby bath tub, they can both sit up in it at the same time, but right before they could sit walmart carries the insert so they are more elevated, but still in inflatable tub. The inflatable tub was 15.00 and the insert less than 5.

4. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

So do you lay them down in your bathtub? We are having the same dilemma because they boys can sit assisted, but not ready to sit in the tub yet.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We had ours in this thing that looked like a bouncy chair, but made for the tub. Made it super easy to clean them. I never like the infant tubs b/c it was so hard to use for us. After that they graduated to the inflatable tub inside the regular tub.

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Yes, I lay them side by side. I only put a couple of inches of water but it is enough for them to get excited and splash.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm glad you solved your problem & so cheaply! :woo:

8. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We had two of the fancy schmancy infant bathtubs handed down to us and we didn't like either of them, so we also do the yellow sponge thing on the bottom of the big tub with a couple inches of water. But we bathe one at a time. Each baby can sit up on their own pretty well, but for now they lay down in the tub and they are content to splash. When they're able to fight me on that, I think we'll graduate to the inflatable ducky. Sometimes the cheapest alternative is the best alternative!