So irritable!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Katheros, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Something about this pregnancy has just turned me into a really irritable biotch. Everything is driving me insane!! I don't remember being like this with the twins, but it was 7 years ago so...

The latest irritation is my best friend scheduling a 'surprise' baby shower two days before we leave for a 11+ hour car trip. This is irritating to me because the shower is back home, which is a 3 hour drive in the opposite direction. She's known about our trip and I even told her I specifically don't want to go anywhere that weekend because of the trip: getting ready, more money spent right before vacation, etc. Add to that I now have to cart all this stuff home, pretty much just dump it in my house somewhere because I won't have the time to go through everything. And I can't make my husband drive because his car is super tiny and if I get anything more than a layette set, we'll have to ship it all home (or go up another weekend to get it). So that means I have to do all the driving back home for the shower, plus our vacation. :headbang: I do realize that I sound completely ungrateful and I don't mean to.

Add to that there was something I really wanted to do this weekend but now I feel like I should cancel because I don't want to spend the extra money right before vacation since I can't avoid going home next weekend (baby shower is next weekend, vacation is following two weeks).

I will suck it up and put on a happy face, pretend to be surprised (husband ruined the surprise). I just wish I wasn't so irritated by the whole thing, she's just trying to be nice! It'll all work out in the end, right? I better start chanting. And hire someone to do the laundry for me for vacation...:lol:

2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I guess my first thought is "WOW! A baby shower and you already have kids." And my 2nd thought is.. "Wow! A vacation! I haven't been on one since my honeymoon!"

Congrats on your pregnancy! Sorry you're overwhelmed!!

3. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

Yup, I would be totally irritated too!

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I never had a shower with my twins, and that was over 6 years ago so I don't have any baby stuff anymore! And we haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon too. Friends of ours are getting married out of state so we are making a vacation out of it.

5. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I would be irritated too!

That's a lot of driving for anyone, much less a pregnant woman!

6. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

We only have a baby shower for the first baby. This is number 5 for me and my last baby was the twins almost 10 years ago. I would kill for a shower but I don't blame you one bit for being irritated. A baby shower shouldn't be a hassle for the mom to be but this one sure will be for you! I am sorry about the driving and stress.

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

It's comments like this that make me feel bad for having another shower. :( I think it's great to celebrate each and every pregnancy. :good: Plus it's been a few years for her (and me) and most things have been sold or given away.

To the original poster... I would be irritated too. Showers shouldn't make you drive way out of your way AND not at a time when you are already doing so much driving. :hug: Vent away to us, we get it. :hug:

2 people like this.
  8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I was offered a shower but declined. Here, it isn't commonplace to have a shower after you've already had kids. That's just the way it is. Would I LOVE to have one? Of course! I hadn't planned on getting pregnant so I sold EVERYTHING!! But, it's not considered PC around here. GL!