So excited for my girls! **Updated**

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Utopia122, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The theater here in the town where I work is putting on the Nutcracker. The girls are going to audition tonight. I am so excited for them, they love being on stage and have taken ballet for several years now, so hopefully something good will come out of this. The one thing that really bothers my husband is what we will do if one gets it and one doesn't. I think if this happens, being that they are only 5 and it really isn't detrimental to their futures, I will probably not even mention it to the one chosen and we just wouldn't participate at all. Now, if they were older, totally different case, but hard decision if that has to be made. Anyway, so excited for them!

In this case, if both of your twins auditioned but only one was cast, what would you do?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know in the theater where I grew up, if one sibling was cast for a speaking role, we would try to include the other siblings that auditioned, either in a less prominent speaking role and in the choir, or if they were older (8+) we would have them be stage hands if they wanted.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

How fun! Good luck to them!

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I know it would be hard, but if one gets in and the other doesn't, I would let that one be in the show. Maybe it is too early to learn this lesson, but my thought is that in that case, it may be too early to have them auditioning for things. It seems like kind of a mixed message.

I also think a 5-(nearly 6-)year-old is old enough not to let you get away with simply not telling them the results. Would you tell them that neither of them got in? Would you ask the ballet teacher or theater director to lie to them about it? I know my kids would be reading (or asking me to read) the list of all the kids who got in.

(I'm surprised there are kids that young in your local Nutcracker, actually -- but I think this same subject came up last year and I was surprised then too! Our ballet company doesn't let kids audition until they're at least 7 or so.)

Anyway, I hope they both get in and you don't have to deal with this! Good luck to them!

2 people like this.
  5. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Good luck to your girls.

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Good luck to your girls !!! How exciting. :)

Hopefully they will both get it .. my girls aren't twins .. but have auditioned many times for the same things and have not been both cast on several occasions. I just had to explain that it just wasn't their time and maybe next time will be .. and it was ! But I also know having them BOTH in was so much better. Keeping my fingers crossed for you !

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I hope they both get in. My girls are in dance(tap/ballet) and I know for sure one of the dance for Christmas is the sugar plum fairies :wub:

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your input! Just wanted to update that they both made it!! [​IMG] They are both going to be Polichinelles, which are the little kids that run out of the ladies skirt in one of the scenes. We are so excited and will be starting rehearsals in two weeks.

2 people like this.
  9. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

That is awesome!!!!! :woo: :woo: I hope we see pics on FB! :wub:

10. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I bet they will be adorable

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:wub: congrats to your little ballerinas!

12. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Soo sweet! Congrats!

13. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I hope they have great fun.

14. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That is great news!