Snotty twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sistersbeall, Feb 21, 2011.

1. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

So I have this crud (snot and cough) for a lil over two weeks. The twins have been snotty for almost two weeks, and Sanders added the cough about three days ago. The 16 week old has also gotten snotty too. The twins snottiness was runny nose, but now it seems to be head congestion. I am doing saline and suction, and the ped gave us soem cough meds on Friday. Is there anything else that I can do? Anything that I can give them? Help. If I have to deal with this much longer I may scream.

2. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

OMG I feel your pain. I'm at the point where I let my kids walk around with snotty noses because I am so sick of hearing them scream when I try to wipe them.

3. sistersbeall

It is beyond ridiculous. Now it isn't even runny noses anymore. It is that nasty head congestion. When I try to suction little to nothing comes out, but you can hear all the congestion just rattling around in there. It is awful!!!

4. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Mine are the same way and have basically been sick since before Christmas (all 3 of them) with back-to-back colds. It is awful! I have no advice but I am curious to know how you got cough medicine for your kids. Whenever I've asked my pedi about it he says they can't have any meds for colds/coughs.

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Try putting a little eucalyptus oil in their humidifier. That usually clears my kids heads right up.. for a few hours at least.

6. sistersbeall

I amlucky with my ped on this one point. She will not hesitate to give meds. She is the one who told me to use little noses decongestant at half the dosage recommended too. I think it is funny how different peds can be.

7. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

My pedi put the boys on antibiotic since it has been over 2 weeks and there is a lot of yellow mucous. I can't wait till this goes away - it's aweful! For the cough - if they are over a year old, they can have honey. One of my boys loves it - so I give him a few spoonfuls in the morning and at night. It's supposed to stick to the mucous. I don't know if it's really helping - but I'm going to keep doing it.

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I heard about the honey and used dark chocolate and the humidifier was on 24/7. Wherever they were, the humidifier was on. It took a couple of weeks for them to get significantly better. I took S in to the doc but it was just a virus.

9. learnest

learnest Member

I have figured out that if i put the twins in the bath with the johnsons vapor bath and that gets there noses draining and than when i get them out lay them down and use the electric nose sucker while holding the other nostril down and holding the girls down to lol, those electric ones work wonders and i cant believe how much stuff comes out its crazy! I think i bought mine at Walgreens