Snack ideas

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FGMH, Jan 28, 2014.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I am pregnant with a singleton but I though I would join you ladies here because this is a general question. I am 24 weeks now and still need 5-6 small meals/snacks rather than 3 bigger meals otherwise I start feeling nauseous again. I mostly have granola and joghurt sometimes with fruit as my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack at the office because it is easy to prepare and take with me. But I am getting tired of it and am looking for some new ideas for snacks, especially ones I can take with me and which will keep for a while without refrigeration. What are your favourite healthy pregnancy snacks?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hard boiled eggs, cheese strings, quinoa salad with veggies, veggies w/ hummus, apple slices w/ peanut or almond butter for dipping. :)

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Thank you. Something funny happened last night - the kids came into the kitchen just as I was putting the eggs on to boil and were suddenly ravenous for hard-boiled eggs and wanted nothing else for supper, then DH came in just as I was preparing to refrigerate the rest and also decided that eggs would be the perfect supper. Hard-boiled eggs are not usually so popular here. So today I have to go out and buy fresh eggs and try again.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: Figures. ;)