Sleepover Haircut

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Oneplus2more, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

OMG Ladies, I am so upset. So, H had a sleepover Saturday night with her new best buddy. They just met this school year, she is the girl that was calling incessantly. H has long hair, past her shoulders. I noticed it had been cut, about an inch. H insists they didn't cut her hair. They did a pretty good job actually, but it's not perfectly straight. The dead giveaway though is that they missed a piece. haha However... I can usually tell when H is lying...and she really seemed surprised and adamant that they didn't cut her hair. Part of me is almost wondering if the girl did it when she was asleep, but logically I don't think she could have done that good of a job without H's cooperation.  They already hit DH up at pickup for sleepovers over Christmas break. I don't want to overreact, but I hate hosting sleepovers (she sleptover here last Saturday night) and I'm not sure I want H to have more sleepovers at her house. WWYD?

2. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I'd definitely tell DD no sleepovers for a while if she is lying to you about what happened.  And if by chance the haircut happened while she was a sleep I would definitely say no more for awhile.  In our house your punishment for lying is far worse then if you had just fessed up.  In fact I would probably not have said much about the hair cut if I had been told the truth other than making her payout of her own money to get it fixed. 

3. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I agree, very upset about the lying. Would you call ther parents and say something, or not? Grrr I'm very crabby today, and still haven't heard from my other daughter's doctor. I do not have Christmas Spirit today! : (

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I would only call the parents if you think your daughter might have returned the haircut favor.  I would be punishing for the lying with no sleepovers until the next year.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, the lying thing would do me in too.  I doubt it happened when she was asleep.  It wouldn't have been that straight (I saw the picture on FB) if it had been done while she was sleeping.  And yeah, I would call the other mom just to warn her about the possibility that her daughter had her hair cut while she was sleeping and that they have a bad case of hair-cut elves in their house. 

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wouldn't care so much about the cut as the lie. I'd probably feel pretty grinchy about that too ;).

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am with the other ladies, I would not care about the cut but I would care about the lie.  There would be no sleepovers for a while, that's for sure.  I would also contact the other mother so she could address it with her daughter.  I know I would want to know if my daughter had the crazy idea to give a friend a haircut.

8. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think it depends on your initial reaction as to why she lied. If you were angry then that is probably why she lied. I remember when the girls were about that age they cut a small part of eachother a hair and I got very upset causing them to lie. Once I calmed down they told me the truth. They lied bc they felt if they told me the truth they would get in more trouble. I think sometimes hair cutting is just normal "play" at that age and us as parents really do freak out about it.

9. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

You know, I have a seven-year-old son, and he is incredibly careful about his appearance. It looks so funny). Recently he found an article on the Internet with boy hairstyles https://glaminati.com/boys-haircuts/ and wanted a haircut with shaved temples. Well, it looks very stylish and I approve of his desire to look good. I advise you to take note of 70 options for haircuts for boys so that your child is always in trend.