sleeping/napping

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ~ilyse~, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

They slept a little later this morning. For their morning nap, would you adjust for the extra sleep or put them down at the same time as usual?

2. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

I try to put the boys down about the same time every morning regardless of what time they wake up. They slept last week one day until 8 am and it was hard to get them down about 945 for a nap but eventually they got it. I guess I do this b/c my sis has always had a great sleeper in her son and she lets him sleep in every morning as long as he wants (he is 21 months) and puts him down same time for nap everyday. Good luck!!

3. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

I always put them down when they are starting to get tired, which is usually 1.5 hours after they wake. I don't really stick to a time schedule. Everyday is different for us but it's always the same amount of time between naps.

4. sottovoce

sottovoce Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2BMommyof2 @ Oct 10 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]443818[/snapback]
    I always put them down when they are starting to get tired, which is usually 1.5 hours after they wake. I don't really stick to a time schedule. Everyday is different for us but it's always the same amount of time between naps.

Just to chime in here, I'm same as PP, I basically adjust the time I put them down for a nap rather than try to get them to nap at fixed time. I wait 1.5 hours and look for sleepy signs. For the first AM nap, I try to put them down earlier --about 1.25 hour-- and not super stimulate them. Rest of the day we play and go for 1.5 hours but if they have poor nap, I'll put them down at sleepy signs rather than by the clock.

HTH!

Sotto

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I would push the p.m. nap back a little bit. Or, put them in at the same time and it might just take them longer to fall asleep.

6. vweaver

vweaver Well-Known Member

I would wait for sleepy signs for nap, but still use same time for final bedtime. Good luck!

7. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Morning nap tends to be 2 hours after they wake, unless they get up really early. Then I try to keep them up until at least 8:30. Afternoon nap is about 3 hours after the morning nap ends. Usually works out to 8:45 and 1:15 but I'm flexible.