sleeping arrangements?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nikkiannmurray, Mar 25, 2010.

1. nikkiannmurray

nikkiannmurray New Member

Hi There

I am 13 weeks pregnant with twins, and we already have a crib and mattress, which I would like to use. I was wondering if anyone knows what our options are for co-sleeping the twins? I have seen "crib dividers" but they are big padded things almost like a big pillow, definitely not a safe thing to keep in a crib with infants. It seems like there should be a safe divider that is not padded and stll allows airflow - does anyone have any ideas?

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I searched and was never able find anything better. My guys both sleep in pnps.

3. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

My girls slept in the same crib until about 4 months without any kind of divider.

4. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

My munchkins are going to sleep together in the Arms Reach Co-sleeper without a divider at first while we establish breastfeeding. Then they'll go in separate cribs.

5. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

This is our plan too. We've thought about putting one of the cribs in our bedroom if it seems like they are starting to outgrow the co-sleeper, or if one of them is disturbing the other's sleep, but I think we'd like to have them in the nursery in their own cribs by 3-4 months. Of course, we are first time parents and the babies are still months away so it's always possible we may change our plan depending on any new information we learn between now and then.

6. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

I don't think a divider is needed and by the time they are really moving around, they will probably need to be in their own cribs anyway.

7. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

I don't have a divider.
    We have a huge convertible crib and the plan is to let them co sleep there as long as humanly possible. We also have a playpen and a pnp and a swing as a fall back sleeping arrangement if need be.

8. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

We aim for ours to sleep together also for as long as possible in the same cot. Partly because we don't have much space.
    I have also found nice padded layback rockers to be great when they are tiny as you can move them from room to room while they are asleep.

9. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

Ours slept together in an Arms Reach Co Sleeper for about 2 weeks (but they had been in the NICU for 8 weeks prior to that- in separate isolettes, then shared an open crib) in our room, but I couldn't get an ounce of sleep w/ all of their little sounds. Since then they've been sharing their crib w/ nothing dividing them. They can sleep through each other's cries, movements, and even smacks :)

I plan to keep them in the crib as long as possible! They are almost 8 months old now and we will be moving from Hawaii to California right around their 1st birthday. Whenever they are too big for a crib, we plan to convert it to the full size bed it can and put rails on the sides for them.

10. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

Like I said before this is pretty much what we are planning. I also wanted to add to my previous post that we have a 5yo and a 3 yo and even though they each have their separate bed they preferred to sleep together in the same bed right until last winter (2,5 yo and 4,5 yo). And that was even in the same crib we're using for the twins but we had converted it to a kid bed. So I'm totally optimistic about being able to use one crib for the twins for a long time.